This mouth-watering zucchini bread recipe is one you’ll want to use over and over again!
This bread recipe is quick, simple, foolproof, and insanely tasty! I’ve included a variation below to make zucchini chocolate chip bread with this recipe. If you’re craving more variations, try this lemon zucchini bread or this chocolate zucchini bread. If you’re looking for a healthier option, check out this healthy zucchini bread.
It’s taken me a while to post this recipe here. And for good reason – there are literally hundreds of zucchini bread recipes already online, and I didn’t feel I had a recipe that stood out from the rest. Until now.
After much trial and error, I can confidently say this is the best zucchini bread recipe I’ve ever tasted, and I’m so excited to share it with you today!
How to make zucchini bread
This is not a difficult bread to make but the results speak for themselves. Here’s a quick overview of the process, with more detail in the recipe card below.
- Lightly grease and flour two bread pans and set aside.
- Beat the wet ingredients together: the sugar, eggs, and oil and mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Over mixing will result in a denser bread.
- Stir in the shredded zucchini and vanilla. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pans.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Chocolate chip zucchini bread
- Simply add 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips (we like milk chocolate best!) to the batter. Make sure to toss the chips in the dry ingredients first to get an even dispersion in the bread. No other modifications to the recipe needed!
- Spray and lightly flour a muffin tin.
- Fill the cavities slightly higher than half-way.
- Bake at 350 degrees F on the middle rack until muffins are lightly golden brown and the top of the muffins bounce back when you press on them. (About 18-24 minutes.)
- Test with a toothpick to make sure the center of the muffins are done (if it comes out clean or with moist crumbs, the muffins are done; if it comes out wet they need a few extra minutes).
Zucchini Bread Recipe FAQs
How can I freeze zucchini bread?
- Let the bread cool completely.
- Wrap the uncut loaf with plastic wrap and place into a freezer bag.
- Make sure to enjoy the bread within 2 months.
You can also freeze shredded zucchini in a freezer bag so you have zucchini on hand whenever you want to make this easy bread recipe!
How long does zucchini bread last?
Stored at room temperature, this bread should stay fresh for 1-2 days. Stored in the fridge, it should remain good for up to a week. When stored in the freezer, it can remain fresh for up to two months.
More zucchini recipes
- ONE PAN Parmesan Garlic Chicken with Zucchini
- Healthy Zucchini Muffins
- Corn & Zucchini Pasta Salad
- 32 Quick & Easy Zucchini Recipes
This mouth-watering zucchini bread recipe is one you'll want to use over and over again!
- 2 (7 and 1/2 x 3 and 1/2) bread pans
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (shredded on the small side of the grater)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Lightly grease and flour two bread pans and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Beat the sugar and eggs until well incorporated. Add in the oil and mix well.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Add cinnamon to taste preference - if you really like cinnamon do 3 teaspoons and less if you like it less.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until just combined. Over-beating or over stirring will result in a denser bread.
Stir in the shredded zucchini and vanilla. Add mixture to the bread pans - both should be about 3/4ths the way full.
Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
Allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes and then remove from the pan and allow to continue to cool or eat it while it's hot! See post for freezing/storing instructions.