Brownie-bottomed, oreo-topped, hot-fudge smothered, ice cream-covered dessert bars. So easy to make, perfect for a hot summer day, and absolutely delicious!
Sometimes I go a little overboard. Like, hey I love brownies! But plain? No way. (The husband cringes at that statement. I always want to put chocolate chips or something in my brownies and he only likes them
super boring plain.)
Oreos? Um yes please, I’ll take the whole package. Hot fudge? Gotta have some of that.
Cookies and cream ice cream? My favorite. A little whipped topping for good measure? Yeah, why not.
And before you know it, I’ve got some crazy awesome brownie-oreo ice cream bars. And I’m not complaining because these guys are g.o.o.d.
Plus easy street. Take a look-sies:
So in my testing purposes for this recipe, I made it in a springform pan. I separated the brownie mix into two cake pans and then made a double-layered brownie cake. It tasted just as great as these bars, but a little bit more work. I wanted these bars to be as simple as possible, so I changed the form to a 9 x 13 pans. However, if you want, the springform pan makes for a pretty elegant pretty looking ice cream cake. Just make sure your cake pan is the same size as the springform pan you will be using or it won’t work so well 🙂
Also, the ice cream needs to be slightly softened, but not too much or it will get icy when it is re-frozen. I barely softened the ice cream and just scooped it on top of the hot fudge like the fancy schmancy picture above. What isn’t pictured is smoothing down the ice cream. I just used a metal spatula and pressed the ice cream down until it was even. Then came the whipped topping and (if desired) some oreo crumbs.
|Brownie Oreo Ice Cream Bars|| || |
- 1 package brownie mix + ingredients called for
- 24 oreos + 3 for topping
- 1 container (12.8 ounces) hot fudge topping
- 1 container (48 ounces) cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping, completely thawed
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with nonstick spray and bake the brownies according to package directions.
- Remove and allow the brownies to cool completely.
- Top evenly with oreos.
- Warm the hot fudge for 30 seconds and then pour and smooth the hot fudge evenly over the brownies.
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes and remove the ice cream to soften a bit at this time.
- Scoop large amounts of ice cream over the hot fudge. Evenly scoop out the entire container of ice cream over the hot fudge layer.
- Smooth the ice cream down using a metal spatula until it is even.
- Spread the whipped topping evenly over the ice cream and, if desired, garnish with three crushed up oreos (no need to remove the filling).
- Cover and return to the freezer to fully harden.
- Allow to sit out for a few minutes before slicing.
Here are some more ice cream treats: