The BEST EVER lemon curd — simple to make and sure to impress!
It’s no secret I’m obsessed with lemons. I’m pretty sure I never leave the grocery store without a few! I add lemon juice to just about everything — a squeeze in my breakfast smoothie, I add them to juices, I use them in marinades, dressings, sweet breads and dozens of dinner recipes (<—this is a reader favorite!).
But my favorite way EVER to use lemons? Lemon curd. I eat this by the spoonful!
Besides eating a whole batch of lemon curd with a spoon….there are so many ways to jazz up desserts with it. Here are a few ideas:
- Fill up sugar cookie cups:!Add sugar cookie dough to a miniature muffin and bake for about 8-10 minutes and then indent the centers of the cookies with the back of a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon. Remove the cookie cups from the tin and once they are completely cooled, add in the lemon curd and a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
- Serve it over a plain vanilla bean cheesecake: Make (or buy) your favorite vanilla cheesecake and spoon lemon curd on top!
- Top with whipped cream and berries: (a personal favorite!) spoon some lemon curd in a bowl and top it with fresh whipped cream. Add in your favorite fresh berries and enjoy this delicious summer dessert!
- Lemon Curd popsicles: Mix equal parts lemon curd with fresh whipped cream and pour the mixture into popsicle molds. Enjoy a delicious creamy lemon pop when the mixture is completely frozen through.
- Thumbprint cookies: add some lemon curd to your favorite thumbprint cookie recipe.
- Lemon turnovers: cut pre-made pastry puff dough, spoon some lemon curd on one side, and then fold the dough over and crimp the edges. Brush an egg wash over and bake!
- Spread on a scone: jazz up a berry or plain scone with spooning some lemon curd on top.
- Scoop it on some ice cream or frozen yogurt: spoon it on top of your favorite vanilla ice cream or try it on top of this vanilla frozen yogurt.
- Breakfast addition: add it to crepes, french toast, pancakes, waffles, etc.
- Lemon whipped cream: fold it into freshly made whipped cream for the most amazing lemon whipped cream ever!
The BEST EVER lemon curd -- simple to make and sure to impress!
- 1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3-4 large lemons (~3 tablespoons zest and 1/2 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 large eggs
- Pinch of salt
Prepare the lemon curd, by combining the sugar, lemon zest (zest of 3 lemons, about 3 tablespoons) in a food processor. Pulse 15-20 times and then pour into a medium sized bowl.
Add in the room temperature butter and using hand mixers, beat until light and creamy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time and then the salt and 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Pour the mixture into a medium sized saucepan and place over low heat. Stir constantly for about 10 minutes or until thickened.
Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for at least an hour and preferably 3-4 hours before serving.
Recipe time does not include essential chilling time.
More Delicious Desserts: