These chocolate chip snowball cookies are buttery, light, and flaky. They’re stuffed with miniature chocolate chips and coated in powdered sugar.
More delicious cookie recipes:
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with a “secret” ingredient
- Snickerdoodles soft & chewy!
- Thumbprint Cookies raspberry almond flavored
- Cake Batter Cookies with sprinkles
- Meringue Cookies light & crunchy!
These chocolate chip snowball cookies are buttery, light, and flaky. They're stuffed with miniature chocolate chips and coated in powdered sugar.
- 1/3 cup 42g whole pecans
- 1 cup 226g unsalted good quality butter Note 1
- 3/4 cup 78g powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract Note 2
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 and 3/4 cups 211g white flour
- 3/4 cup 140g miniature chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar for coating the cookies (1 to 1 and 1/2 cups)
Note 1: it's important to use really good quality butter, not margarine. Use unsalted so you can control the salt amount. Make sure the butter is at room temperature, not melted or softened. 1 cup is the equivalent of 16 tablespoons or 2 sticks.
Note 2: I'll also occasionally use vanilla bean paste; 1 teaspoon of paste if using!
Note 3: I tested this recipe with no parchment paper, with parchment paper, and with a silpat liner. Bottoms of cookies turned out best every-time with the silpat liner. The darker the trays, the darker the bottoms of the cookies. The best results I found were with a light colored tray.