Confetti bars made with Spring colored M&M’s, white chocolate, Spring sprinkles, and gooey marshmallows. These easy desserts are sure to please a crowd!
I don’t know if you can tell, but there are little bunny sprinkles on these bars. I just about died when I saw them! So cute!
And the Easter or Spring M&M’s are my favorite. I love those pretty pastel colors and the occasional little M&M bunny or chick printed on the candies.Growing up my mom always made confetti bars for my siblings and me. They were definitely my favorite dessert.
She would use a chocolate chip cookie base, loads of marshmallows, colorful sprinkles, miniature chocolate chips, and chocolate covered pretzels. PS. Mom are you impressed I remember all those ingredients?!
Yeah they were the richest & best dessert bars! We’d always get excited when my mom would buy miniature chocolate chips or when chocolate covered pretzels would go on sell. Because that meant lots of confetti bars! My mom would hide the miniature chocolate chips and forbid us to eat them. They were only for these confetti bars.
Which was fine by us. As long as she kept good on her word to make these!
These confetti bars are similar, but a bit different. The base is a white chocolate chip cookie dough that is baked for about 13-15 minutes. Then marshmallows, white chocolate chips, and M&M’s are thrown on top and these bars get baked for another 2-3 minutes. Everything gets all sorts of gooey and delicious. And then comes the time for sprinkles!
I used white chocolate to make these a lighter and more Spring-like dessert. You can definitely change out the white chocolate for milk, dark, or semi-sweet chocolate. Just make sure to change the chocolate chips in the base and in what is sprinkled on top.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, separated
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup Spring M&M's
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the room temperature butter with the white and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugars together with hand beaters or in a stand mixer until creamy and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips. Press the cookie dough into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake the cookie dough for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove and immediately top with the miniature marshmallows and M&M's. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become puffy.
- Remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and sprinkles over the bars.
- Let cool completely and then cut with a wet knife.
Want more cookies?