Simple, easy, and healthy Egg Wraps made with whole wheat tortillas, spinach and feta-filled egg whites, pesto, and tomatoes. These wraps make the perfect healthy breakfast or lunch; they’re loaded with good ingredients, lots of protein, and tons of flavor!
Easy and healthy meal
This egg wrap is one of my go-to meals for breakfast, a quick lunch, or even a snack. There is an insane amount of flavor and so many good ingredients packed into a tortilla.
Fresh basil pesto, ripe sweet tomatoes, and tangy feta cheese-topped egg whites, all rolled together in one delicious meal? Yes please!
I’m sharing a few of my favorite ingredients to use in this egg wrap recipe and also some step-by-step photos of the process and a detailed description of how to make these Egg Wraps.
Egg Wrap ingredient tips
(None of the brands I recommend are sponsoring this post).
- Use good pesto: I recommend freshly made basil pesto, not the preserved or jarred pesto. My two favorites in this specific egg wrap are Buitoni’s ®Pesto with Basil or Rana’s® Basil Pesto.
- Healthy tortillas: Any tortilla can be used for Egg Wraps, but to keep things on the healthier side, I recommend Ole Xtreme Wellness® wraps. The tortillas are 100% whole wheat, and also have a great flavor and light texture.
- Feta cheese: The best feta is in a block, not already crumbled. Crumbled feta is convenient, but the crumbles are coated in a powdered cellulose (which keeps them from sticking together). That cellulose coating causes the crumbles to taste dry and sometimes hard. (More feta cheese grocery shopping tips here.)
How to make Egg Wraps
The descriptions below correlate to the photo collage above on how to make Egg Wraps.
- Egg whites and pesto: Whisk the two ingredients with a fork until combined.
- Add spinach: Pour egg white mixture onto a greased skillet and sprinkle coarsely chopped (or torn) baby spinach.
- Add feta: Allow the feta to melt into the egg white mixture.
- Fold: Fold the egg whites in half. Silicone spatulas work well for this task.
- Prep the tortilla: Smooth mayo over the entire tortilla and add fresh sliced tomatoes down the center of the tortilla
- Add egg whites: Let the egg white mixture slide from the skillet right onto the tortilla
- Roll it up: Tightly roll the tortilla into a wrap.
- Slice: Cut the egg wrap in half and enjoy!
More healthy wraps
- Beef Lettuce Wraps with coconut lime rice
- Chicken Salad Wrap best chicken salad dressing
- 10-Minute Italian Chicken Wraps
- BBQ Chicken Wraps using rotisserie chicken
- Taco Lettuce Wraps with the best taco seasoning
Simple, easy, and healthy Egg Wraps made with whole wheat tortillas, spinach and feta-filled egg whites, pesto, and tomatoes. These wraps make the perfect healthy breakfast or lunch. They're loaded with good ingredients, lots of protein, and tons of flavor!
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (like AllWhites -- found in cartons by regular eggs)
- 1 teaspoons prepared fresh basil pesto Note 1
- 3/4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped or torn
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon light mayo
- 1 whole wheat tortilla or whole wheat flatbread
- 1 small roma tomato, thinly sliced
- Sat and pepper
PREP: Spray a nonstick 10-inch skillet with cooking spray and put over medium heat. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites and pesto with a fork until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
EGG WHITES: Pour egg white mixture into the skillet and stir in the chopped spinach. As the eggs begin to set, lift the edges with a spatula to allow the uncooked eggs to flow to the bottom of the skillet. Cook until the eggs are set but still moist. Sprinkle the feta cheese on top.
COOK: Cover skillet with a lid and cook for 1 minute longer and then remove from heat. Using a spatula, lift one side of the egg whites and fold over the other side.
TORTILLA: Meanwhile, spread the mayo evenly over the flatbread or tortilla. Add thinly sliced tomatoes on the tortilla. Hold the pan right above the tortilla and slide the folded egg white mixture right onto one half of the tortilla.
ROLL: Roll the wrap tightly (secure with toothpicks if desired) and cut in half. Enjoy immediately.
Note 1: I recommend a freshly made pesto, not the shelf stable preserved pestos. Use your own homemade pesto if you have some, or the freshly made ones in the refrigerated section of the grocery store. I personally use and love Rana’s Basil pesto in Egg Wraps (unless I do happen to have some homemade pesto!).