Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamer is a Starbucks® copycat that everyone (even the kids!) can enjoy. Without actual coffee to overpower the drink, the pumpkin flavor truly shines through. Throw everything into a blender, heat it up, and enjoy!
Starbucks copycat recipe
Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamers are insanely tasty, so quick to make, and a must have this fall–especially because you can get the kids enjoying these too. I ordered a pumpkin steamer for my boys at Starbucks (called a Pumpkin Spice Creme), and will admit, I drank more of their drink than my own. Pumpkin steamers are the best — a combination of steamed milk, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and plenty of whipped cream to finish it all off.
Since making these steamers for my boys, they’ll now ask for them just about every single morning when they wake up. We’ve gone through an embarrassing amount of pumpkin so far this year, and I don’t think that will change anytime soon. And pumpkin is a very healthy vegetable that many kids shun, but let’s keep that secret between us, okay?
Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamer ingredients
- Canned pumpkin: Make sure to use 100% pureed pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has sugar and spices added in.
- Dark brown sugar: Light brown sugar will also work, but we like the deep, rich flavor of the dark brown sugar when pairing it with pumpkin.
- Pumpkin pie spice: This is a blend of warming spices; I have a recipe for homemade pumpkin pie spice here.
- Ground cinnamon: To amp up the pumpkin flavor a bit more, we add in a little cinnamon.
- Fine sea salt: Just a tiny bit balances the sweetness and intensifies flavors.
- Whole milk: While you can use a different milk in Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamer, whole milk is going to make the richest and creamiest steamer.
- Sweetened condensed milk: A little bit goes a long way; it adds sweetness and a creamy texture. Use the leftover can in these 7 layer pumpkin bars or this no bake pumpkin cheesecake.
- Vanilla: It rounds out and intensifies the flavor of Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamer.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamer–made into a float!
We’ve made floats with this recipe and they are insanely good! Add caramel, vanilla, or coffee-flavored ice cream to a big mug. Pour the finished steamer right on top, garnish with whipped cream, and enjoy!
Use your leftover pumpkin in the following recipes
- Small Batch Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with a cinnamon-cream cheese frosting
- Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with a streusel topping
Pumpkin Spice Latte Steamer is a Starbucks copycat that everyone (even the kids!) can enjoy. Without actual coffee to weigh down the drink, the pumpkin flavor truly shines through. Throw everything into a blender, heat it up, and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup (117g) canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling and not an entire can)
- 1/2 cup (82g) dark brown sugar, lightly packed (light brown sugar also works)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/16 teaspoon fine sea salt (just a tiny pinch of salt)
- 4 cups whole milk Note 1
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Serve with: whipped cream and an additional sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
BLEND: Add the 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/16 teaspoon fine sea salt salt, 4 cups whole milk, and 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk to a blender. Process until smooth.
HEAT: Transfer mixture to a pot over medium-high heat. Heat only until the drink is simmering and do not boil. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
ENJOY: Pour into 4-6 glasses. Top with whipped cream and an additional sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
STORAGE: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Note 1: While you can use a different milk in this steamer, whole milk is going to make the richest and creamiest tasting steamer.