Special thanks to Danish Creamery for making delicious, high- quality butter and for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
Creamy European-style butter mixed with sweet honey, a touch of cinnamon, dash of sea salt, and splash of vanilla extract comes together to make the ultimate honey butter. This unforgettable topping goes well on so many things — rolls, bread, pancakes, waffles, biscuits, and more!
Homemade Honey Butter
There are few things I love as much as good butter! So, when Danish Creamery®, a company’s butter I’ve used religiously for years, reached out to see if I could create some recipes with their butter, I couldn’t wait to get started.
I’ll share more about how much I love this butter in just a minute, but if you’re a long-time reader, you know I’m a huge proponent of using quality butter in all the baking I do (especially cookies)! Good butter makes all the difference. So when we’re making a sweet honey butter, high quality butter is definitely going to make the recipe stand out.
You might think making homemade honey butter is complicated, but it truly couldn’t be easier to do. Everything gets whipped together in a stand mixer and can be ready in about 10 minutes or less. It makes for such a fun and fancy accompaniment to your dinner table; especially for Easter, which is right around the corner! Serve this homemade honey butter with some dinner rolls and you might not need to make much else.
Honey Butter ingredients
- Danish Creamery European Style Butter: We use unsalted to control the amount of salt, but if you do use salted, simply leave out the added salt indicated in the recipe. (More on why I recommend this butter below!)
- Honey: The honey is a major component of the flavor for this butter and gives it most of the sweetness.
- Powdered sugar: While the honey does add a good amount of sweetness, it needs a bit more without being overpoweringly “honey” flavored; the powdered sugar also helps to add body and make everything a bit creamier.
- Vanilla extract: This ingredient is optional, but adds a nice elevated flavor.
- Cinnamon: We love lots of cinnamon in this honey butter! Feel free to reduce or omit entirely if you aren’t a cinnamon fan. Alternatively, try pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice in place of the cinnamon (we’re partial to pumpkin pie spice!). It’s fun to play around with the seasoning in this butter.
- Fine sea salt: Adding just a little bit of salt balances everything and intensifies each flavor.
Danish Creamery butter
I am obsessed with the high-quality butter created by Danish Creamery. Here are a few of the reasons I love this butter and recommend it:
- Since 1895, the recipe for Danish Creamery Butter hasn’t changed: high–quality cream from pasture-raised cows, and a touch of sea salt.
- The secret to Danish Creamery’s velvety, rich butter lies in the health of its cows and land. Family farmers ensure that the cream in the butter comes from cows that are humanely raised, munching grass in wide, open spaces just as nature intended. Not only do they stay healthier, but they produce tasty, nutritious milk — the key ingredient to perfect Danish Creamery butters.
- Danish Creamery’s European Style Butter boasts an 85% butterfat content (much higher than most other European Style butters which come in at around 82-83%), making it a dream in baking applications, sauces, or even just for your morning toast!