Dump it and forget about it crockpot creamy chicken taco chili with chicken, lots of beans and veggies, and plenty of good spice!
If you are looking for an EASY dinner tonight that is extremely delicious; this is your recipe. I’m talking a complete dump it and forget it meal that does not require a single cutting board to be used!
Just a ton of beans, some chicken, and some good spice! That is seriously it. And then you go about your day without the stress of “what will I make for dinner tonight?” because you’ve got something awesome in the works!
My favorite taco seasoning with a ton of beans and chicken makes for a delicious chicken chili and then it’s all about the toppings. Whatever you like adding to tacos throw on this soup and it will be incredible. Cheddar cheese, fresh lime, cilantro, guac/avocado, and even some tortilla chips. Enjoy!
More easy soups/chilis:
- Crockpot Chili reader favorite!
- Crockpot Quinoa Chili vegetarian
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup in one pot on the stovetop
- Sausage Potato Soup my twist on the famous cheeseburger soup
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili another reader favorite!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces EACH) chili-ready diced tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced and fire-roasted green chili peppers
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon each: garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
- Optional add-ins: fresh lime, cheddar cheese, sour cream, guac/avocado, tortilla chips, salt and pepper
I use a 6 quart crockpot for this recipe. You'll want a big one 🙂
Trim any fat and then place the chicken breasts or thighs whole in the crockpot.
Add in the tomato sauce, undrained diced tomatoes, green chile peppers, undrained chili beans, drained and rinsed kidney beans, drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans, and chicken broth.
Add in all the seasonings.
Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 3-5 hours or until chicken is completely cooked through and easily shreds.
Remove the chicken from the crockpot, shred it, and set aside.
Soften and cube the cream cheese and add to the crockpot. Turn the crockpot on high for 30 minutes stirring every 10 or so minutes to help the cheese melt.
Add the chicken back in and stir until the cream cheese is completely melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with your favorite "taco" add-in's. I love cheddar cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro. Also good is a chopped avocado or a bit of guac and tortilla chips.