A five-minute prep-time, easy-to-make appetizer! This bacon-ranch, pecan-coated cheese ball is sure to be a hit at any party and is great for holiday entertaining.
So far I’ve shared two dessert “cheese balls” on this site (brownie batter and pumpkin toffee) and they’ve been a huge hit! I was thinking, how have I not done a savory one yet?! So here it is in all it’s savory cheesy glory! And it couldn’t be easier to make — Fall entertaining at its best! ☺️
There are only FIVE ingredients in this cheese ball (and one optional one) making it easy to grab it all at the store and make it in a hurry. I’ve had success finding all of these ingredients in a quick trip to Wal-Mart.
The cheeses are shredded sharp cheddar and cream cheese and the flavorings are bacon bits, chives (optional), and a packet of Hidden Valley® Ranch Salad & Seasoning Mix.
I love using the ranch mix because it’s super easy and convenient. Instead of measuring out a bajillion spices, it’s all in one easy packet. Hidden Valley Ranch Salad & Seasoning Mix is located in the dressing aisle, next to the dry mixes.
Mix all the ingredients together and roll it in a ball to chill for a few hours. I use Glad® Press’n Seal® to wrap up this cheese ball because it gives it a nice custom and air-tight wrap that will keep all the ingredients ultra fresh and protected.
Once the ball is chilled, you roll it all in chopped pecans (try toasting the pecans for an extra taste of deliciousness) and it’s ready to be enjoyed.
Grab your favorite crackers and DIG IN!
- 2 packages (8 ounces EACH) cream cheese full-fat (do not use lower fat)*
- 1 package (1 ounce) Hidden Valley Ranch Salad and Seasoning mix
- 2 and 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Optional: chives
- 1 and 1/4 cups pecans chopped
- Serve with crackers
- *Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature -- don't melt in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and seasoning mix until smooth.
- Add in the shredded cheese and bacon bits and beat until just combined. If desired add in a few tablespoons of fresh chives
- Scoop the mixture onto the plastic wrap and using the wrap, form it into a ball.
- Tightly wrap and place in the fridge for 1-3 hours or until firm.
- Chop the pecans.
- Remove the ball from the fridge and from the plastic wrap and roll in the chopped pecans.
- Place on a large plate and serve with your favorite crackers!
Cook time refers to chilling time
More Easy Appetizers: