A double-chocolate, brownie flavored batch of overnight oats. These take minutes to prepare and taste so good it will be like eating dessert for breakfast.
These overnight oats were one of my staple meals in college — extra chocolatey and packed with protein! With all the studying and running from one class to the next a filling breakfast was a must.
Now I make these for my kiddos and they LOVE them. I mean what kid wouldn’t love some chocolate for breakfast? 🙂
A lot of people ask if they should heat up their overnight oats — I don’t, but you absolutely can. I like them cold and straight out of the fridge. Sometimes I even make the “overnight” oats before I get ready for the day and enjoy them half an hour a later — they are delicious plus so quick and easy to make!
- 2 heaping tablespoons creamy almond butter don't substitute peanut butter
- 1/4 cup vanilla yogurt I've also tried chocolate yogurt mousse whips yogurt (by Yoplait) and am OBSESSED.
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate almond milk Silk makes this
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- Optional: additional sweetener to taste if desired
- Optional: mini dark chocolate chips
Combine the almond butter, yogurt, chocolate almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated
Stir in the oats. Taste and add sweetener of choice if desired.
Place into a tightly re-sealable jar or tupperware in the fridge overnight OR stick in your fridge for about 20 minutes.
In the morning, top with miniature chocolate chips and stir throughout. This is optional but makes these "double-chocolate" and super delicious!!
I enjoy these oats cold, but if desired you can put them in the microwave for about 30 or so seconds.
Here are some more oat-filled breakfasts: