Easily “Meal Prep” these Ham and Cheddar Pinwheels with fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and Marzetti’s Veggie Ranch Snack Packs
My two little boys aren’t quite old enough to go to a full day of school so I don’t pack them school lunches yet, but they still love eating packed lunches on special occasions. We’ll make and eat packed lunches in the park, the zoo, and even our own backyard.
That said it’s been freezing cold here in Utah lately and we haven’t eaten many packed lunch picnics. So when the toddler asked for a picnic the other day, we packed lunches, spread a big blanket in our family room, and ate them inside. Nice and warm.
My boys love pb&j sandwiches, but finger food pinwheels are their FAVORITE. Those paired with veggies and Marzetti’s ranch dip and those two little boys were in heaven!
I’ve mentioned before how much my toddler loves cold cut veggies with their ranch dip so I’m basically mom of the year when I also pack it in a box for him! It’s also super simple to do because Marzetti has convenient snack size dips that can easily be taken on the go (or you know, served on a blanket in your family room…)
How to assemble these meal prep/lunchbox pinwheels:
- Start by making the pinwheels. Since they need to chill in the fridge for a bit it’s best to do those first. Once the pinwheels are chilled, cut them into 1 inch slices and then place 3-4 pinwheels into a plastic bag and then into the meal prepping container. This makes sure they don’t harden at all and don’t get soggy from the veggies.
- Add fresh veggies: start by washing and drying the veggies. Slice them into dip-able sizes and then put into the lunchbox/meal prep container. 2-3 different veggies are best for a good lunch variety.
- Add in your favorite Marzetti veggie snack size dip.
- Cover everything making sure it’s sealed in an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- And in case the pinwheels/veggies won’t quite fill you up, add a separate snack in a snack sized plastic bag. Some ideas: fresh berries/fruit, crackers, assorted nuts, chips, additional pinwheels, etc.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch mix
- 6 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 3 large (12-inch) burrito tortillas (spinach or flour)
- 1 package Marzetti Ranch Veggie Dip Snack Packs
- fresh cut veggies such as: cucumbers, peppers, cherry tomatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc
- Mix softened cream cheese with the freshly grated cheddar cheese, dry ranch mix, crumbled bacon, and diced red pepper until well combined.
- Spread about 3-4 tablespoons of this mixture evenly on each tortilla then lay 4-6 slices of deli ham flat on top of the cheese mixture to cover in a single layer.
- Gently (and tightly) roll up the tortilla to make sure it holds together and keeps its shape. Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes to firm up the softened cheese. Cut off the ends of tortilla roll (discard or eat em) and cut the rest of the log into even 1-inch slices.
- To meal prep/make for lunches: Place the pinwheels into a plastic bag and then into the meal prepping container. This makes sure they don't harden at all and don't get soggy from the veggies. Add in a separate dip container and fresh veggies of your choice. Cover and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
Cook time refers to chilling time