Immune-Boosting Smoothies are packed with good-for-you ingredients that are loaded with antioxidants. They help your body combat sickness and stay healthy. Orange, mango, banana, yogurt, carrot, and spices are blended together to create a delicious smoothie to help you feel great.
Immune-Boosting smoothies work to nourish and protect your body from the inside out by blending together antioxidant-packed and vitamin-fortified ingredients.
And before you think it’s a smoothie you’ll need to drink with your nose plugged, I’ll let you know my kids have had this almost every day this week and have been the ones requesting it! Who says you can’t have a super flavor-packed smoothie while also filling it with great ingredients?!
Ingredients in Immune-Boosting Smoothies
- Frozen banana: The banana gives these smoothies sweetness and a good creamy, thick texture.
- Clementine: We’re adding lots of vitamin C and a honey-sweet taste.
- Mango chunks: Also loaded with vitamins and minerals, this ingredient also creates a thick, creamy texture.
- Orange juice: Typically, smoothies have milk as the liquid base, but to boost the immune system, we’re using orange juice which is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
- Carrot: There are so many immune-boosting benefits from adding carrots to these smoothies; read up on those here.
- Greek yogurt: Yogurt adds a creaminess to the smoothies and also adds a lot of protein so the smoothies have more staying power (will keep you fuller for longer).
- Ginger: A strong antioxidant that has been shown to naturally boost the immune system.
- Turmeric: A natural way to help boost the immune system by increasing your body’s antibody formation. Adding extra turmeric during periods of stress or flu season helps give the immune system a little boost (source).
- Ice: Ice keeps Immune-Boosting smoothies nice and cold, as well as super thick.
I know: How complicated can making an immune boosting smoothie be, right?! But I still have a few tips.
- Good ripe bananas make all the difference in these smoothies. Freeze the bananas when they’re ripe and use only when completely frozen. Add to the blender and watch how creamy they turn!
- If needed, add a little honey or maple syrup to sweeten the smoothies. I’ve found with a really good and ripe banana, plus good flavorful Greek yogurt, it doesn’t need the additional sweetener– but this can vary. So, give your smoothies a quick taste and add a teaspoon or two as needed.
- Use a good Greek yogurt. The yogurt really matters. It lends an incredible creaminess and flavor. Our absolute favorite yogurt to use in these smoothies is Greek Gods® honey vanilla yogurt. (Not sponsored, just a fan). Whatever brand you get, aim for a vanilla or hone- flavored yogurt, not just plain.
More smoothie recipes
These Immune-Boosting smoothies are packed with good-for-you ingredients that are loaded with antioxidants to help your body combat sickness. Orange, mango, banana, yogurt, carrot, and spices are blended together to create a delicious smoothie to help you feel great.
- 1 medium frozen banana, cut into coins and frozen the night before
- 2 clementines
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup honey vanilla Greek yogurt (I recommend Greek God's)
- 1 small carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped (~1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 8 ice cubes
BLEND: Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and no fruit chunks remain. Divide evenly among 2 glasses. Enjoy immediately.