Incredibly simple and delicious oatmeal cookie jam bars. These bars come together in less than 30 minutes and only require 6 ingredients!
Today, I’ve got some super simple and delicious blackberry oatmeal cookie jam bars. These bars are so simple and take just minutes to make. They are the perfect last-minute dessert to bring to a brunch or surprise your Mom. And they can all be mixed up in one bowl. I love when that happens! Minimal dirty dishes and super quick clean-up.
Basically the base is just a butter, sugar, and flour mix. A little over half of that base gets pressed into the bottom of a pan. Then jam gets spread on top.
For the jam you can use whatever flavor you would like!
If you don’t have a blackberry jam or don’t like blackberries, feel free to use whatever flavor you do like. I’ve done these bars with raspberry and strawberry and loved those flavors too. Whatever you prefer.
One thing to make sure you do is line the pan with parchment paper. When these bake the jam will seep out along the edges and if you haven’t lined your pan it makes for an interesting challenge trying to remove these. I speak from experience on this one 🙂 Not too many other directions are needed – these live up to the first word in the title – simple!
6-ingredient EASY Oatmeal Cookie Jam Bars
- 9 x 9 inch Baking Pan
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (14 tablespoons) salted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cup old fashioned oats, do not use steel oats or quick oats
- 1 cup blackberry jam seedless
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Line an 9 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using hand mixers, cream together the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Using a spoon, scoop the flour into the measuring cups. (If you press the measuring cup into the flour you will pack in too much flour)
Beat in the flour and baking soda.
- Stir in the oats.
- Press a little over half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.
Spread the jam on top of the base avoiding the perimeter of the pan otherwise it will leak out and burn on the sides.
Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture on top of the jam.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is lightly golden. Remove and allow to cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours before cutting into the bars.
Bars best enjoyed within 2-3 days.
More Easy Dessert Recipes: