A quick and easy, no bake breakfast cookies to indulge in a healthy way. These cookies are made with creamy peanut butter, honey, rice crispies, oats, flaxseed, and vanilla drizzled with a thin layer of milk chocolate.
Going from eating the most decadent peanut butter and caramel bars and cookie butter stuffed crunch cups, to healthier options needs a slower let down. I can’t go straight from non stop chocolate eating to all vegetables. Unless it’s a quinoa and sweet potato salad. That’s pretty much as good as dessert in my book.
And so I think having healthier cookies is the perfect way to slowly move towards my New Year’s Resolution (which I am determined to make last at least a week).
These cookies make the perfect breakfast or power snack throughout the day. They are filled with healthy fats, good-for-you grains, and a drizzle of milk chocolate just for good measure.
The only challenge with these little cookies is stopping at eating just a few. Eating the entire batch is when healthy eating isn’t so healthy anymore. Oops. My bad.
But do you blame me? I mean, just wait until you try these and then try to stop after eating 2 or 3.
Serious self-control people. And self-control that I clearly lack. At least when it comes to these breakfast cookies.
The other great thing about these cookies is how fast they come together. I know how busy life can get and these cookies are not going to add to the time you don’t seem to have.
They are no-bake (YES!), minimal ingredients, and one bowl. Score. Major score.
These cookies are very adaptable. You can try mixing in some fun ingredients like mini chocolate chips, raisins, craisins, nuts…whatever you love! If you are vegan, you can trade out the honey for agave nectar.
If you don’t have flaxseed, you can trade that out for oat flour. Oat flour is just oats ground down to a flour consistency. Just make sure you measure the oat flour after it has been ground down.
These cookies are sure to help you get back on track and keep your New Year’s resolution of eating (a little) healthier!
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (I haven't tried a natural version with this recipe and can't vouch for it working)
- 2 tbsp. honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 1/2 cup rice krispie cereal
- 1/4 cup flaxseed or sub oat flour (instructions in post)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats, not cooked
- Melted chocolate drizzle: 3 tbsp. milk or dark chocolate chips
- Add-ins: raisins, chopped up nuts, craisins, mini chocolate chips (about 2 tbsp.)
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt. Microwave for 20-30 seconds and stir until combined.
- In that same bowl, add in the rice krispie cereal, flaxseed, and oats. Stir together until completely combined.
- Add in the optional add-ins if desired.
- Form balls with the mixture and then flatten the balls in your hand to create a cookie shape.
- If desired, melt 3 tbsp. of milk chocolate chips in the microwave. Put the melted chocolate in a small Ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the tip of the bag. Drizzle the chocolate across the cookies and let the chocolate harden.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for 4-5 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
These are yummy too!: