Easy and protein-packed granola balls — these energy bites make the perfect snack or breakfast on the go!
These energy bites make the perfect snack or breakfast! They are filled with healthy fats, good-for-you grains, and a little bit of chocolate just for good measure.
These energy bites are perfect for an on-the-go breakfast, quick snack, pre or post-workout fuel, road trip treat, hiking fuel, or late night snack. Or….all of the above because you might find these pretty addicting and crave them all the time.
Which is definitely not a bad thing since these are made with healthy and wholesome ingredients! And because of the natural sweeteners and protein-packed ingredients, these energy bites will keep you fuller for longer and satisfy your sugar cravings.
These bites are pretty easily adaptable. As long as you can get a consistency that stays into a granola ball, you’ll be golden.
- You can swap out peanut butter for different nut butters if you have allergies. Another fun adaptation is to use crunchy peanut butter for a little extra texture.
- You can use agave nectar instead of honey (vegan option!)
- You can omit the chocolate chips or use dark chocolate chips for a healthier (dark chocolate has great healthy fats and antioxidants) addition.
- You can replace the chocolate chips with a different mix-in (think chopped nuts, chopped craisins, extra coconut).
- You can replace the oat flour with flaxseed or wheat germ.
Easy and protein-packed granola balls -- perfect snack or breakfast on the go!
- 1/2 cup oat flour (just blend up regular oats until they are a flour consistency)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, not quick or steel cut oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
In a regular food processor or blender, add in some old fashioned oats and pulse until the mixture resembles flour. Measure to get 1/2 cup and you'll have oat flour!
In a large bowl, add the peanut butter, honey, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir until smooth.
Add in the oat flour (measured after blended), old-fashioned oats, toasted coconut flakes, and miniature chocolate chips.
Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated. Place in the fridge for about 15 minutes to chill.
Once ingredients are chilled, roll them into even-sized balls.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or at room temperature for up to 7 days.
More Healthy Snacks: