This curry chicken salad whips together in 15 minutes or less; it’s packed with flavor and requires minimal ingredients!
Serve this chicken salad on a lettuce wrap (for a low carb meal) or pile it on toasted sandwich bread (or a croissant). Make sure to try these other variations: traditional chicken salad, honey mustard chicken salad, or this pineapple chicken salad!
Chicken salad is always my go to meal when I need something to feed the family fast. There are only five ingredients in the salad and six ingredients in the dressing. And thanks to a mega shortcut (hi rotisserie chicken!), this curry chicken salad truly comes together in about 15 minutes or less.
Stir everything together, load it up on some lettuce or bread, and dinner is served. So quick; so easy!
Using rotisserie chicken in this salad already saves a load of time, but did you know you can buy already shredded rotisserie chicken? (I’ve seen it at Costco, Smith’s (Kroger), Trader Joes, and Walmart.) While it’s a bit more spendy, if you’re in a huge hurry it can cut down on some prep time.
Below I’m sharing what pairs well with this curry chicken salad, how to meal prep with this recipe, plenty of variation ideas, and how to store it. Let’s get started!
Pack this chicken salad for lunch:
- Add a few croissants (that have been sliced to half) to airtight bags.
- Pack a good amount of the curry chicken salad in a Tupperware container.
- Store some washed and dried lettuce in a separate bag along with a side of red grapes, fresh sliced mango (how to cut a mango tutorial), and some kind of veggie (usually carrots).
- When it’s time to eat, it’s so easy to assemble — line the croissant with lettuce, top with a few spoonfuls of the curry chicken salad, and enjoy with the fruit and veggies as sides!
Variations on this curry chicken salad
- Curry chicken salad sandwich: toast some bread or warm through croissants and layer the bread/croissant with lettuce and a few spoonfuls of the chicken salad (my personal favorite way to eat this!)
- Curry chicken salad with Greek yogurt: instead of the sour cream, you can use full fat plain Greek yogurt. The taste will be slightly tangier 🙂
- Keto curry chicken salad: this salad is naturally keto-friendly — serve it in a lettuce wrap to keep it that way!
- Curry chicken salad with grapes: occasionally we like to halve red grapes and toss it in the mixture! Use about 1/2 cup sliced red grapes.
- Curry chicken salad with apples: we’ll also occasionally add in a diced granny smith (or similar tart) apple; again about 1/2 cup.
- Add in some mango: this recipe is delicious with fresh, ripe mango; either serve it on the side, or dice it up and add it to the mixture!
- Refrigerate the chicken salad in airtight containers, within 2 hours of preparing. When properly stored, it should last for 3-5 days in the fridge.
- You can tell if this curry chicken salad is bad if it develops an “off” odor or the flavor/appearance changes. That said, a little separation is normal, stir it back up again as needed.
More easy and quick recipes:
- Chicken Ramen ready in 30 minutes or less
- Chicken Tortilla Soup ready in 20 minutes or less (lots of shortcuts!)
- Rotisserie Chicken Tacos the rotisserie chicken saves loads of time!
- Crispy Chicken Salad with a 5-ingredient dressing
- Chicken Chow Mein with tons of veggies and a delicious sauce!
This curry chicken salad whips together in 15 minutes or less; it's packed with flavor and requires minimal ingredients!
- 2 cups prepared rotisserie chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried golden raisins
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery (~2 stalks)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup full fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (fat free or light is great!)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste (1/4 teaspoon each)
- Enjoy layered on bread or croissants with lettuce; serve alongside fresh mango, red grapes, and/or a tart apple
SALAD: In a large bowl, add in the chopped rotisserie chicken, coarsely chopped cashews, dried golden raisins, thinly sliced celery, and finely chopped cilantro.
DRESSING: In a separate bowl add the mayo, sour cream, honey, Dijon mustard, curry powder, lemon juice, and a generous (or to taste) sprinkle of salt + pepper (I add about 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper, but add to preference). Whisk until combined and completely smooth. Taste and adjust for seasonings (salt, pepper, additional curry powder, etc.)
COMBINE: Pour the dressing into the salad and very gently stir all of the ingredients together until combined.
SERVE: Enjoy with fresh mango, grapes, or a tart apple OR layer it on a croissant and add some lettuce. Enjoy immediately.