This 7 Layer Bean Dip is the ultimate game-day/party food. It’s packed with delicious flavors and is so easy to assemble.
As game day approaches, there’s nothing better than easy and delicious appetizers and finger foods! This 7 layer dip can be made ahead of time, goes great with chips and/or veggie sticks, and it’s a relatively healthy game day appetizer.
Of all the appetizers out there, a good 7 layer bean dip has always been one of my favorites. Growing up, my mom used to make this dip all the time. She’d make 2-3 separate dips, place them in the center of the snack-bar, and all 9 of us would crowd around the dips and eat them for lunch or dinner. We were never patient enough to spoon out the dip onto individual plates, it was just grab chips and GO before it’s all gone!
Combine the following spices in a small bowl and whisk together. (This spice blend is the exact amount of 1 taco seasoning packet.)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
More Easy Appetizers:
This 7 Layer Bean Dip is the ultimate game-day/party food OR fun lunch. It's packed with delicious flavors and it's so easy to assemble.
- 1 can (15 - 16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild or medium chunky salsa
- 1 container (13 ounces) refrigerated guacamole
- 1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup freshly grated Sharp cheddar cheese (or a Mexican blend)
- 1/2 cup sliced olives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro, optional
- Tortilla chips, for serving
Remove 1 cup salsa and place in a fine mesh sieve over the sink to drain. This will keep your dip from getting soggy. Stir remaining salsa and refried beans together and spread mixture in an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 casserole or 2 quart baking dish.
Top with guacamole. Stir together sour cream and seasoning mix in small bowl. Spread over guacamole.
Top evenly with layers of remaining (strained) salsa, cheese, olives, green onions and cilantro if desired. Chill, covered, 30 minutes to 2 hours before to serving. Serve with tortilla chips. 🙂