A simple and quick loaded baked potato dip. All the fillings you’d load into a baked potato are in an easy appetizer form.
I definitely have a soft-spot for a mega-loaded baked potato. We used to have them a lot growing up. My siblings and I loved piling all the toppings we could fit inside a potato. Tons of sour cream, the biggest handful of cheddar cheese, allll the pepper, and about a million green onions all on a hot potato = pure bliss.
A simple and quick loaded baked potato dip. All the fillings you'd load into a baked potato are in an easy appetizer form.
- 5 strips hardwood smoked bacon
- 1 small jalapeño finely chopped, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese full-fat
- 1 cup sour cream I used reduced-fat
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch seasoning and dressing mix dry, do not prepare
- 1 and 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno Cheddar Tortilla Chips
- Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chips
- Celery sticks Carrot Sticks, Red pepper sticks
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon strips until crispy.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate and dab off any additional grease.
- Wearing gloves, remove the seeds and finely chop the jalapeño. Saute the jalapeño in the bacon grease for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove and dab with paper towel.
- In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, place the cream cheese. Soften in the microwave until easily stirred.
- Using hand mixers, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and the DRY ranch mix (do not prepare the mix.)
- Stir in the cheddar cheese, green onions, and freshly cracked pepper.
- Crumble up the bacon and stir in the bacon OR save the bacon and add right before serving if you want it to keep some of the crunch.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.*
- Serve with Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno Cheddar Tortilla Chips, Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chips, celery sticks, red pepper sticks, carrots, etc.
*This dip tastes even better after sitting in the fridge for a few hours and allowing the flavors to meld.