A simple and quick “loaded baked potato” dip. All the fillings you’d load into a baked potato are in an easy appetizer form.
I definitely have a soft-spot for a mega-loaded baked potato. We used to have them a lot growing up. My siblings and I loved piling all the toppings we could fit inside a potato. Tons of sour cream, the biggest handful of cheddar cheese, allll the pepper, and about a million green onions all on a hot potato = pure bliss.
- 5 strips hardwood smoked bacon
- 1 small jalapeño finely chopped, optional
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese full-fat
- 1 cup sour cream I used reduced-fat
- 1 package (1 ounce) ranch seasoning and dressing mix dry, do not prepare
- 1 and 1/2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno Cheddar Tortilla Chips
- Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chips
- Celery sticks Carrot Sticks, Red pepper sticks
In a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon strips until crispy.
Drain on a paper towel lined plate and dab off any additional grease.
Wearing gloves, remove the seeds and finely chop the jalapeño. Saute the jalapeño in the bacon grease for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove and dab with paper towel.
In a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl, place the cream cheese. Soften in the microwave until easily stirred.
Using hand mixers, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sour cream and the DRY ranch mix (do not prepare the mix.)
Stir in the cheddar cheese, green onions, and freshly cracked pepper.
Crumble up the bacon and stir in the bacon OR save the bacon and add right before serving if you want it to keep some of the crunch.
Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving.*
Serve with Food Should Taste Good Jalapeno Cheddar Tortilla Chips, Food Should Taste Good Cantina Tortilla Chips, celery sticks, red pepper sticks, carrots, etc.
*This dip tastes even better after sitting in the fridge for a few hours and allowing the flavors to meld.