An easy one skillet chicken enchilada pasta dish that comes together in less than thirty minutes. A meal the whole family will love!
I’m pretty much obsessed with quick, come together, easy dinner meals. Meals that don’t leave a million dirty dishes (okay, that would be quite the meal!) and are finished in under thirty minutes.
This one skillet chicken enchilada pasta dish is JUST that kind of meal! It comes together all in one skillet. That’s right – the pasta, the chicken, the vegetables – they all get cooked in one pot!
This meal is also easily customized! You can switch out veggies, add in an extra can of beans, etc. You could even leave out the chicken if you want a vegetarian meal.
The toppings are also customizable and basically just whatever you like! We love cherry tomatoes (or a chopped Roma tomato), chopped cilantro, chopped green onions, fresh lime, cheddar cheese, and a big spoonful of sour cream.
And because you’re saving so much time with these EASY dinner (and the lack of dishes to clean up afterwards), you have plenty of time to make these AMAZING almond joy cookies. 😏
Make sure to use a large and deep skillet (at least 12 inches wide) that is non stick for best results!
(One Skillet) Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 can 15 ounces can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 ounces corn drained
- 1 cup assorted mini bell peppers (about 7-8 mini red, yellow, or orange bell peppers)*
- 1 and 1/2 cups rotisserie chicken OR 1 can (12.5 ounces) canned and pre-cooked chunk chicken breast
- 1 can 10 ounces Ro-tel diced tomatoes and green chilis not drained
- 1 can 10 ounces mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups regular shells pasta
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth (water works ok)
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning depending on taste preference
- 3/4 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- Optional toppings: roma tomato or cherry tomatoes, green onions, cilantro, fresh lime, fat-free sour cream, extra cheese
Prep the ingredients: Drain and rinse the black beans, drain the corn, wash and chop the bell peppers (remove stems and seeds), and chop the prepared rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces (OR drain & rinse the chicken breast if using canned)
In a large skillet over high heat, combine the Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilis, the red enchilada sauce, the pasta, and the chicken stock (or broth or water -- you'll get the most flavor from chicken stock).
Heat the skillet to boiling. As soon as it start to boil, lower the temperature to medium and add in the black beans, corn, bell peppers, and taco seasoning.
Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes or until the pasta is tender and cooked through. Stir occasionally.
Add in the prepared rotisserie chicken and cheese, stir. Add in any additional toppings. (I chopped up cherry tomatoes, chopped up cilantro, added some fresh lime juice, and added in some chopped green onions).
Top with extra cheese if desired and serve immediately. Add some sour cream if desired to individual portions.
*You can substitute large bell peppers. If you use large peppers, try 1 red and 1 orange or yellow.
More Easy Dinner Recipes: