A no-bake cookie ball that is egg free with three ideas of what to roll the cookie dough in – crushed Oreos, M&M candies, and sprinkles.
How was your Memorial Day weekend? I love Memorial Day! Basically I love any holiday, but sometimes Memorial Day ends up on my birthday – pretty much I felt like the whole country was celebrating my birthday when I was a little girl.
This year, my birthday is Wednesday (tomorrow), so Memorial Day missed my birthday by a couple of days. But, that’s just more of an excuse to make the whole week full of celebrating. Pretty much a birthday week!
The husband and babe and I had a great weekend. We are putting in our yard ourselves, so lots of work on that. I’ve been working a lot out in the yard the past couple of weeks and it’s coming together. Slowly, but definitely coming along.
Other than yard work, we did some grilling, lots of eating, and tons of playing with the little guy. Speaking of him, I just have to show you some pictures. He’s been teething like crazy and has had four teeth pop out in the past month. Yesterday, he kept sticking out and playing with his tongue. When the husband would imitate him, he just started to giggle. And the husband snapped some fun pictures of him.
How cute is that smile? And that tongue? Dying.
Okay, but let’s talk about this dessert. These little no-bake cookie balls are SO easy to make and they taste just like a huge ball of very flavorful cookie dough. The toppings to roll these cookie balls add so much to this recipe + the endless possibilities.
This base cookie ball recipe also works perfectly for a plain egg-less cookie dough. For when you just want the cookie dough and not the cookies. That seems to happen a lot for me. I mean cookies are amazing and all, but cookie dough? Yes please.
The fun part about this recipe is what to roll your cookie balls in. I tried three different toppings – crushed oreos, M&M’s, and sprinkles. All so good and totally different. Definitely amps up the flavor and makes these perfect for themed parties (using a certain color or sprinkles or M&Ms).
Like, for instance, my birthday that’s tomorrow…. If you want to send me some more of these coated in hot pink sprinkles, I would not complain
Plus, ten minutes guys. Not even kidding.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (do not substitute margarine)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Toppings: crushed oreo cookies, M&M candies, sprinkles
- Using hand mixers, cream together the softened (do not melt) butter with the white and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and stir in the flour. Add more flour (a tablespoon at a time) if the mixture is too sticky for your preference. Although, some amount of "stickiness" is needed to adhere the toppings to the dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- If desired, crush up oreo cookies in a food processor or blender. Roll large balls of dough into a cookie shape and roll in the crushed oreos. Alternatively, you can roll the balls of dough into M&M candies, sprinkles, or whatever you prefer.
Here are some more no-bake desserts: