Easy and delicious mint chocolate chip cookies; these cookies are bursting with flavor and so simple to make!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you all cranking out cookies right and left for the holidays? I know I am! Between testing cookie recipes to share with you all and making treats for neighbors/friends, it feels like cookies have been coming out of the oven nonstop!
And these cookies are a total holiday lifesaver. They require no chilling, take about 10 minutes to make, and only have EIGHT ingredients.
How Do You Make Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Start by beating together butter and cream cheese. You’ll want to make sure both ingredients are at room temperature (not cold, not melted). Egg and vanilla get beat in next!
- Next, mix in the (dry) brownie mix and pudding mix. That’s right; shortcut cookies! (If you’re looking for from scratch chocolate cookies, try these and leave out the caramel and add andes mint chocolate in place of chocolate chips!)
- Finally: stir in your add-ins. For these cookies we’re adding in chopped andes mints AND mint chocolate Oreos. If you only want to do one add-in; double either of the add-ins and omit the other one!
- Use room temperature ingredients: Melted butter or cream cheese will make these cookies too wet/greasy. To get either to room temperature quickly, check out this article!
- Check the ounces: make sure to check the ounces on the brownie mix and pudding mix to ensure you’ve got the right size — too large of a brownie mix and you could end up with dry, crumbly cookies.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Joy Cookies thumbprint cookies
- Thumbprint Cookies raspberry almond flavored
- Chewy Sugar Cookies with cream cheese frosting
- Edible Cookie Dough reader favorite recipe!
A delicious chocolate mint cookie; these cookies are bursting with flavor, simple to make, and perfect for holiday baking
- 4 ounces cream cheese, full-fat, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 package (18.4 ounces) chocolate fudge brownie mix
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) chocolate fudge pudding mix unprepared
- 8-10 Mint-Chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped (measure to 1 scant cup)*
- 1 cup Andes mints, coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a sheet pan by lining with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
In a large bowl (stand mixer recommended, hand mixers will work), cream together the cream cheese and butter. Both should be slightly soft, but not melted. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Beat.
Beat in the brownie mix and pudding mix until just combined.
Gently fold in the coarsely chopped mint oreos and coarsely chopped Andes mints. (The dough is thick and sticky! IF it's too hard to work with, cover and place in the fridge for 10 minutes then continue).
Form large balls of dough and then slightly flatten.
Bake for 8-12 minutes and then remove from the oven. (Baking time may vary based on the size of your cookies and actual oven temperature) It's best to slightly under-bake these cookies to keep them soft, fudgy, and chewy! If desired, top the cookies with a few more Andes mints (just to make them look pretty!).
Allow to continue to "bake" on the cookie sheet for an additionally 3-4 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
*If you aren't a fan of Oreos or don't want them in your cookies, you can leave these out entirely or add an extra 1/2 cup chopped Andes mints in its place!