Christmas Mason Jar Desserts: Santa’s Sugar Cookies. Free printable recipe attachment!
This is the last recipe in the Christmas Mason Jar dessert series (I shared 4 in total). Click here to see the M&M Christmas Cookies I shared at the beginning of the week, the Peppermint Bark Brownie Cookies, and the Christmas Brownies I shared yesterday.
Above this text is a quick video overview showing the assembly of the mason jar desserts and also the final treat the mason jar will make. Below are the tools I use to make the mason jar desserts.
For these mason jar desserts, I use:
- Mason Jars (Set of 12)
- Wide Mouth Funnel (Makes assembly a million times easier!)
- Food Scale
- Red Holiday Ribbon (The exact one I use pictured below was purchased from Hobby Lobby)
- Miniature Clothespins
- Mini Wire Kitchen Whisks (Set of 12)
- Holiday Metal Cookie Cutter Set
- Clear Plastic Bulb Shape Ornaments
- Wilton Holiday Sprinkles 4-Pack
- FREE Printable Recipe Attachment
Miniature, sprinkle-covered, Christmas-shaped sugar cookies
- 1 package (17.5 ounces) Sugar Cookie Mix (I use Betty Crocker)
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- Holiday Sprinkles and miniature ornaments,
- Miniature Holiday Cookie Cutters, if desired
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
To make the sprinkle filled ornament: Use a food safe or thoroughly cleaned and completely dried clear miniature ornament. Pour the sprinkles on a small paper plate and then use to funnel into the top of the ornament.
IN THE MASON JAR: Dump the entire sugar cookie mix into the jar. No need to compress it. Add in the flour on top. Seal the mason jar, add a ribbon with a miniature whisk (if desired), a miniature cookie cutter (if desired), and a small sprinkle-filled ornament. Attach the free printable recipe attachment (or the following directions)
RECIPE TO ATTACH: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Add the mason jar mix, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined. Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface until a soft dough forms. Cut with cookie cutters and place one inch apart on a parchment lined sheet pan. If desired, add sprinkles on top before baking. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges are light golden and cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to cookie sheet.
See the other Mason Jar Desserts Here:
Some of the links above are affiliate links meaning if you were to purchase through that link I would receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Chelsea’s Messy Apron! Happy Holidays ?