10 minute recipe! Basil and mozzarella chicken veggie flatbread pizza cooked on a store-bought flatbread — easy and delicious!
Do you have to cook flatbread?
In this recipe we are using pre-made flatbread. So while the bread has already been baked we still cook the flatbread to cook all the toppings on it to make it a pizza.
How do you heat flatbread?
How to make a flatbread pizza
- Preheat oven: preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Prep Naan Bread: put your naan bread on a sheet pan and brush them with olive oil
- Top Pizza: spread the pizza sauce over the top of the flatbread, then put the slices of mozzarella cheese on, followed by your chicken, peppers, and red onions
- Bake: bake the pizza at 400 degree F for 8-10 minutes
- Serve: let the pizza cool for 1-2 minutes then slice and enjoy immediately
- Margherita Pizza: give this Margherita Pizza on flatbread a try
- Meat Lovers: throw bacon, sausage, pepperoni, ham, etc. on top of your sauce and cheese
- Veggie Packed: add a variety of different veggies on top of your pizza. Try mushrooms, artichokes, zucchini, broccoli, tomatoes, olives, spinach, arugula, etc.
- Add dressing on top: throw on some pesto, BBQ sauce, ranch, minced garlic, hot buffalo sauce, etc.
- Make garlic bread: throw on some butter, cheese, garlic, and salt
- Change your cheese: instead of mozzarella give asiago, parmesan, ricotta, etc.
10 minute recipe! Basil and mozzarella chicken veggie flatbread pizza cooked on a store-bought flatbread -- easy and delicious!
- 1 naan bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup 3/4 cup Muir Glen organic crushed tomatoes (from a 14.5 ounce can)
- 1/2 pound (~1 cup) rotisserie chicken, or other prepared leftover chicken
- 1 cup red and orange bell pepper slices
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- Small basil leaves optional
- Fine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the naan bread on a pizza tray (or large tray) and brush the olive oil to coat the crust.
Spread the pizza sauce on top of the olive oil on the crust.
Chop the cooked/prepared chicken into bite-sized pieces.
Slice the bell peppers and red onion. Cut off thin slices of the mozzarella cheese.
Evenly top the pizza with the cooked chicken, peppers, onion, and cheese.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes and then top with shredded basil and a few sprinkles of fine sea salt if desired.