Roasted garlic-parmesan veggies with sausage and herbs all made and cooked on one pan. 10 minutes prep, easy clean-up!
Tons of veggies & sausage mixed with herbs and olive oil and then all tossed together on one foil or parchment-lined pan = ridiculously fast prep, insanely quick clean-up (like none really), and so much delicious flavor. This is a one pan healthy dinner that you are going to love!
This meal was inspired by the husband. He’s been wanting to bring in more lunches to work and while his idea of a lunch is his last-minute slapped together pb&j (not horrible I know, but..), I’ve wanted to step in and help a little.
So, sheet pan chicken dinners came to mind — make an entire dinner Sunday night and he could enjoy it all week long. Except, by day 2, the breading on the chicken dinners wasn’t all that great. So that idea was vetoed.
And then I thought about these sausage and veggie foil packs that he loves and knew it would be a great idea to change that into a lunch for him.
Make one huge tray of these veggies + sausage and a big batch of quinoa (or rice) and voila: easy and healthy lunches for him for an entire week long.
This sheet pan dinner is ridiculously easy, healthy, and tastes great even by the end of the week!
I mean, there’s nothing like this sheet pan dinner straight out of the oven, but, it also makes for pretty good meal prep.
You can basically use whatever veggies you have on hand or need to use up as this dish is pretty forgiving. The one vegetable that has precise instructions are the red potatoes — you want them chopped pretty little if they are going to bake in the same time as everything else.
Also, we usually use turkey sausage since we love it, but use whatever sausage you like best. I did try a chicken sausage for the husband one week and that got great reviews as well! And last but not least, if you are enjoying this straight out of the oven, try some freshly grated Parmesan because that is out-of-this-world. It takes the roasted veggies to a whole new level!
- 2 cups (~1 small) red potato
- 3/4ths pound green beans
- 1 large head of broccoli (~ 1 and 1/2 cups)
- 1 and 1/2 cups chopped bell peppers 2 large or 6-7 mini sweet bell peppers
- 9 ounces smoked sausage I use turkey or chicken, not ground sausage
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Serve with: fresh parsley, quinoa/rice, lots of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Prep the veggies: chop the red potatoes (pretty small pieces here so they will be tender in time), trim the green beans and halve (see video above recipe), chop the broccoli, chop the peppers into thick squares, and coin the sausage in thick slices.
- Place all the veggies and sausage on a sheet pan. Pour the olive oil and all the spices on top. Toss to evenly coat all the veggies and meat.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip/stir all the veggies around. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender and sausage is browned.
- If desired, sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese over the veggies and sausage as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Enjoy with rice or quinoa and fresh parsley if desired.