The gooey-est, sprinkle filled, marshmallow-packed funfetti cookie cupcakes. A cookie base with a delicious candy loaded top – marshmallows, sprinkles, sixlets, and white chocolate chips.
These cookie cupcakes are crazy good.
As in, I’ve made over six batches in the last month or so.
Granted, they weren’t all for me. Or someone would have to roll me around places. We aren’t skimping on any calories here.
Okay, so the story behind six batches! Well, first, taste testing purposes. That first batch I did eat all by myself. Okay just joking.
The next four times – were for an event where I was asked to make some treats – actually back in April. I know – how have I been holding out on you guys with this recipe for so long?! I made over 100 treats to bring for a church Easter egg hunt. Which was an absolute blast, by the way! I love watching kids get super excited about finding eggs and running so hard they are panting. Too. much. fun.
And the last time? I brought them as a dessert to a friends house because I had a few leftover ingredients from the previous batches and was in a pinch to get dessert ready quickly. These dessert cupcakes are the perfect treat for those situations when you need something WOW in super short amount of time. Like under 30 minutes people!
And I would not blame you if you wanted to eat the entire batch yourself… or six batches for that matter!
P.S. You can even make this same recipe in a 9 x 13 pan and cut them out like bars. Another fun way to serve them 🙂
|Funfetti Confetti Cookie Cupcakes|| |
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, separated
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons sprinkles, separated
- 1/4 cup sixlets, or other chocolate candy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a regular-sized (not miniature) muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine the room temperature butter with the white and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix the butter and sugars together with hand beaters or in a stand mixer until creamy and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of the sprinkles. Roll large balls of the cookie dough and place into the muffin cavities. The ball of cookie dough should fill up the cavity a little over halfway.
- Bake the cookie dough for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the centers are set.
- Remove and immediately top with the miniature marshmallows. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become puffy.
- Remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, remaining three tablespoons of sprinkles, and sixlets evenly over the cookie cupcakes
- Allow to cool for 1-2 minutes and then, using a spoon, ease the cupcakes out and onto a cooling rack.
- Do not let the cookies cool in the pan or they will be nearly impossible to remove neatly.
Want some cookie bar recipes?