A fudgy and chewy chocolate granola bar made with better-for-you ingredients and no baking required!
These delicious fudgy granola bars are made with better-for-you ingredients and taste amazing! No baking required and they’re definitely kid-friendly 🙂
A few notes on these Chocolate Granola Bar
- Peanut butter version: You can use peanut butter instead of almond butter and swap out the chopped almonds for chopped peanuts.
- Different chocolate: If you aren’t a fan of dark chocolate you can use milk or semi-sweet chocolate, just note they won’t be as healthy for you. (Dark chocolate has a lot of healthy fats and antioxidants.)
- Storage: make sure to store these in the fridge! Since the base is made of chocolate and coconut oil, they tend to get melty quickly in a warm environment or even at room temperature. Keep them in the fridge and pull them out 10-15 minutes before eating.
More healthier snacks to try next:
- Healthy Banana Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Brownies
- Healthy Ice Cream
- Healthy Zucchini Bread
Dark chocolate fudgy and chewy granola bars made with healthier ingredients
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, measured when solid
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, optional
- 1 and 1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup cocoa krispies or Rice Krispies
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips separated
Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the coconut oil and chocolate chips together. Microwave in bursts of 20 seconds, stirring in between each burst until smooth. Stir in the creamy almond butter, maple syrup, and salt if desired. Microwave for 20 more seconds and again stir until smooth.
Mix in the oats, rice krispies cereal, coarsely chopped almonds, and 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips. Press mixture evenly and firmly into prepared baking pan. Top with remaining 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips if desired.
Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Cut into granola bars. Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator (they get melty out of the fridge) for up to 2 weeks.