This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BUSH’S® Beans. All opinions are 100% mine.
Using pantry staples, we’re whipping together a simple breaded and baked alfredo chicken dish. Serve this chicken with a side of roasted veggies and BUSH’S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans for the easiest weeknight dinner.
Pantry staples to the rescue
With the craziness of back-to-school time and various activities starting up, we rely on easy dinner recipes! But there’s one thing that makes those dinners even easier: having pantry staples on hand that can whip together into a delicious meal.
A dinner made from pantry staples can be a lifesaver, and this baked alfredo chicken is just that. It relies on just a few fresh ingredients, but for the rest of the recipe we’re using everyday pantry staples!
Baked alfredo chicken ingredients
- For the fresh ingredients we’ve got chicken, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Both cheeses have quite a long shelf life so you might even have those already on hand! Grab good quality blocks of cheese, they’re the star for this chicken.
- Alfredo sauce is a pretty common pantry staple and does double duty for this recipe — in the breading and the sauce overtop the chicken.
- Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb traditionally used as a coating for deep-fried foods. It’s amazing on this chicken! You can typically find Panko near regular breadcrumbs in your store and if you only have breadcrumbs in your pantry, those will work as well (less crispy; still good).
- We season the chicken with salt and pepper and then add some Italian seasoning and garlic powder to the breading — all basic pantry staples.
- Last, but not least, serve some BUSH’S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans on the side, which should always be in your pantry! 😉
What to serve on the side of chicken alfredo
I’m all about pairing savory with sweet and this savory chicken alfredo goes perfectly with BUSH’S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans. These beans are slow cooked and tender navy beans in a slightly sweet sauce seasoned with brown sugar, a little mustard, and just a touch of savory hickory flavor. They’re delicious! Plus, they’re naturally gluten-free and cholesterol-free.
Whip up some roasted broccoli and you’ve got the perfect balanced and easy weeknight dinner.
- If you have a food scale, use it! You want all the chicken pieces to be the same size so the chicken will cook evenly and nothing can get that more correct than a scale.
- Freshly grate the cheese instead of using packaged shredded cheese; it melts and tastes better!
- Right after pulling this alfredo chicken from the oven, grate some Parmesan on top using a microplane for the best texture.
- The best way to tell if the chicken is done is use an accurate meat thermometer. Ensure the thickest part of the chicken reads 160 degrees F.
Using pantry staples, we're whipping together a simple breaded and baked alfredo chicken dish. Serve this chicken with a side of roasted broccoli and BUSH’S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans for the easiest weeknight dinner.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 equal pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Panko
- 1 container good quality alfredo sauce, separated
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (grated on a microplane), plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- Serve with: BUSH'S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
Remove fat from the chicken and cut the pound of chicken breasts into 8 even pieces (use a food scale if possible; each piece should be 2 ounces). Season the chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
Set out 2 bowls, in one place 1/3 cup alfredo sauce in the other place the Panko, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Dredge each chicken piece in the alfredo and then in the Panko mixture. Place chicken pieces in the prepared 8 x 8 pan.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Remove and cover with 2/3rds cup alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese.
Return to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through (oven thermometer reads 160 degrees F). Remove and serve on plates. Grate additional Parmesan cheese right over top. Serve alongside BUSH'S® Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans.