Eggless, and no-bake cookie dough bars that are funfetti-flavored. These bars are packed with white chocolate, filled with tons of sprinkles, and covered in a white-chocolate coating.
You can never go wrong with sprinkles in my opinion. Okay I should amend that statement slightly. Because sprinkles in a dinner pasta or casserole dish would not be something I would be into.
But in desserts or funfetti desserts, bring on the sprinkles! The more the better.
These bars are incredibly simple to make. And it won’t even matter if you scrape some spoonfuls from the bowl or lick your spoon with this dough. There are no eggs, but all of the great flavors of cookie dough.
You will, however, still want to refrigerate these guys. Because, first off, there is butter in the dough. And second, they kind of just taste better refrigerated.
Also the white chocolate topping? Totally optional. I am a recent convert of white chocolate. As in, I love it. I didn’t think I had room for white chocolate because I was so obsessed with milk and dark chocolate. But oh how there is always room for white chocolate! I am crazy about it.
But if you aren’t, you can still make these bars and no problem-o.
Basically you just beat together the ingredients and press them into an 8 x 8 baking pan. Make sure to line it with parchment paper though. These guys are s.t.i.c.k.y. A lot of stickiness.
Then the white chocolate gets melted and spread on top. And quickly throw on some extra sprinkles – white chocolate hardens quickly!
I always melt my white chocolate in the microwave. I’ve found that being very patient and melting the chocolate in the microwave for small time increments does the trick, but melt your white chocolate however you feel comfortable!
P.S. Don’t try to bake this dough, it won’t bake well!
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature (no substitutions)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cake mix dry
- 1 and 1/3 cups white flour spoon and level
- 2 cups white chocolate chips separated, 1 bag
- 1/3 cup + 4 tablespoons sprinkles separated
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Using parchment paper, line an 8 x 8 baking pan. If you don't line the pan, these likely won't come out very well if at all.
- In a medium sized bowl, using hand mixers, cream together the butter, white sugar, and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
- Beat in the sweetened condensed milk until completely combined.
- Beat in the salt, yellow cake mix, and flour (make sure to not pack in the flour, use a spoon and scoop the flour into the measuring cup).
- Beat until completely combined. If it is still super sticky, add a tablespoon or two more of flour.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of white chocolate chips and 1/3 cup of sprinkles.
- Press the mixture into the lined 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combined 1 cup white chocolate chips with 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil. Microwave in bursts of 30 seconds, stirring in between the bursts for 15-20 seconds. Be patient and take your time stirring the chocolate so it doesn't burn. The chocolate is still melting when it is out of the fridge so it is important to stir it for a while.
- Using a spatula spread the white chocolate evenly over the bars.
- Sprinkle the remaining sprinkles (more or less if desired) over the white chocolate.
- Allow to harden and set up in the fridge for about 3 hours.
- Return any leftovers to the fridge.
Inspired by Life's Simple Measures
Here are some more no-bake desserts: