A delicious no-bake cookie that is only 4-ingredients and packed with chocolate-y pumpkin flavor! Have you all heard about those crazy awwwwesome 2-ingredient brownies? The ones that combine a brownie package and some canned pumpkin? I’ve always wanted to try them, but never gotten around to it. And what started as a good intention to try them, ended up in one of my new favorite Fall treats – these no-bake brownie pumpkin cookies.
Basically, borrowing from the idea of 2 ingredients, but making them into no-bake, cookie-delicious, awesomeness. Somehow, that sentence made more sense in my mind…
These cookies pretty much taste like straight brownie-pumpkin fudge. They are rich and they are flavorful! And with four ingredients, you really can’t go wrong. Technically three ingredients depending on if you add the spice or not since it is entirely optional. Without adding pumpkin pie spice, these don’t have too much of a pumpkin flavor. Which is kind of cool too. If you choose to not go the pumpkin flavor route, they are pretty much a slightly healthier version of brownie cookies – I mean they still have all the sugar and what not in the brownie mix, but you wouldn’t be adding eggs or oil so a little bit healthier. Some things you should know about this recipe – first, make sure you use the right size brownie mix! I call for 18.4 ounce-sized box. Using a smaller or larger one and the quantities will be off. Second, don’t add more pumpkin even though it seems like you may need it. When you first start mixing the brownie mix + pumpkin you will think the recipe is wrong! It takes a while for the pumpkin to soak in and absorb all of the brownie mix so be really patient and just keep beating until a dough is formed. If you’ve been beating for a while and it still is too dry, you can then add a little bit more pumpkin, but only do it a tablespoon at a time or you may end up with super wet cookies.
Third, cooking spray will be your best friend! If using a cookie scoop, spray the scoop well and if using your hands spray your hands before rolling these cookies. Cooking spray helps to keep the cookies from sticking to your hands or the scoop.
And the final tip? Make sure you have a good hiding spot for these if you have kids in the house. 🙂
- 1 package (18.4 ounces) brownie mix*
- 1/3-1/2 cup canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat together the brownie mix, canned pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice. (Depending on the type of pumpkin you use -- some are more watery than others -- you may need less than a full 1/2 cup. Start with 1/3 cup and increase to your desired consistency of no bake cookies.)
- You can choose to omit the pumpkin pie spice (cookies won't taste very pumpkin-like) or increase the spice amount for a more pumpkin flavored cookie. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and increase from there to personal preference.
- It may seem like there is no where near enough pumpkin, but just keep beating and scraping the edges - the mixture comes together eventually it just takes a little bit of patience while beating.
- Once the mixture is a dough (if needed you can add 1-2 more tablespoons of pumpkin), stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using cooking spray, spray your hands or a cookie scoop. Scoop out the no bake cookies and enjoy!
- If you aren't eating these right away, store them in a sealed/airtight container in the fridge.
*It is VERY important to get the brownie mix with the right amount of ounces (18.4) or the quantities of this recipe will be off.
More delicious pumpkin recipes: