Smores Cookies are thick, chewy, soft, and packed with graham cracker crumbs, miniature marshmallows, and chocolate!
These cookies are jam-packed with amazing S’mores flavors — graham crackers, chocolate, and miniature marshmallows.
But these are not just any s’mores cookie. These are the softest, chewiest, thickest, and most flavor-filled cookie. I am pretty obsessed with these S’mores cookies and clearly so are the kiddos:
Smores cookies components
- 3 kinds of chocolate — we’re adding 3 different types of chocolate to the mix; first, regular milk chocolate chips, second miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, and finally a chopped up Hershey’s bar. You can choose if you want milk or dark chocolate for the final Hershey’s bar topping. The two chocolate chips are added to the actual dough, but the chopped Hershey’s bar is added near the end of the baking time. This keeps the chocolate on top melted longer which adds a whole extra level of deliciousness!
- The graham crackers are crushed and used in place of some of the flour — this really infuses these cookies with a S’more flavor and gives the base a definite graham cracker taste.
- Soft and gooey miniature marshmallows — the marshmallows are added at the end of the baking so they aren’t baked for long. This keeps them soft and ultra chewy.
- Chilled dough — I know it’s sometimes a pain to chill the dough, but I swear this is the secret for super flavorful and soft + chewy cookies. Chilling this dough base really makes these incredible!
More delicious cookie recipes:
- Thumbprint Cookies raspberry almond flavored
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies reader favorite!
- Pistachio Cookies with a hint of honey
- Meringue Cookies plus desserts to use them in!
- Coconut Oil Chocolate Chip Cookies cookies made with coconut oil instead of all butter
S'mores Cookies are packed with your favorite S'mores flavors -- graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, 90% melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups white flour, measured correctly*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (9 sheets) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 2 full (regular-sized) Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
Melt the butter so it is 90% melted (not all of the way) in the microwave. Whisk in the white sugar and brown sugar until completely combined.
Add in 1 full egg and then 1 egg yolk (discard the whites or save for another recipe). Whisk in the vanilla.
In another bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add full graham crackers to a blender or food processor and crush until you have 3/4 cup of very fine crumbs (not packed in the measuring cup; just loosely measured). Add in the milk chocolate chips and miniature chocolate chips. Stir.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until JUST combined avoiding over-mixing.
Cover the bowl tightly and chill the dough for 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a pan with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
Form large and tall (rather than wide) balls of cookie dough and space 6 per large cookie sheet (to allow PLENTY of room for spread). You should get 14-16 cookies from this dough.
Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 9 minutes. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the Hershey's bars.
Remove the cookies and press 3-4 miniature marshmallows and 3-4 chunks of Hershey's chopped chocolate on to each cookie. Return to the oven for an additional 1-3 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
*If you push a measuring cup into a bag of flour, it will pack in way too much flour. Spoon the flour directly into the measuring cup from the container or bag. Do not shake the cup. or pack down the flour. Make sure the flour fills the measuring cup and is leveled off.
Cook time refers to chilling dough time