A super easy triple-chocolate “mummy” milano cookie. These cookies are the perfect treat to bring to a Halloween party!
I bought the double-chocolate Milanos (hence the 2 layers or chocolate) and it perfectly balanced the thick coating of white chocolate. These are incredibly delicious! At first, I was just dipping and making them as a cute and easy Halloween treat (without really thinking about how they would taste), but after one bite of these they ended up being one of my favorite tasting Halloween treats. I mean, of course I didn’t want a gross Halloween treat no matter how cute it looked, but I didn’t know it would be SO GOOD.
White chocolate mixed with dark or milk chocolate has always been a weakness of mine!
Pretty much all you have to do to make these is melt some white chocolate. I use vegetable oil to thin out the chocolate and help it to melt better, but you could also use shortening. When melting white chocolate, I have found the most success in the microwave. That said, it can be burned and ruined very easily. If you are patient and stir frequently, you can save it from being burned. I like to microwave it for 30 seconds and then stir for at least 30 seconds. A lot of melting will happen outside of the microwave, it just requires patience for that melting to happen.
If it starts to harden while you are dipping, just microwave it for another 5-10 seconds and add a little bit more vegetable oil if needed.
After all the cookies have been dipped in the chocolate and are laying on some parchment paper to harden, you’ll want to transfer the remaining white chocolate into a small plastic bag (or a frosting bag with a #2 tip). Cut the tip off of the plastic bag and pipe away on these mummies! I just did it really quick and kind of messy because it gives them more character!
Before that white chocolate has a chance to harden, place two little sprinkle “eyes” on these guys!
- 1 package (7.5 ounces) Double Chocolate Milano cookies
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 32 black pearl sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Open the package of cookies and pull them all out.
- Since white chocolate hardens so quickly, I like to work in several batches.
- In a microwave safe bowl place 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips with 1/4 tablespoon vegetable oil in the microwave.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and microwave for another 25 seconds. Stir until melted or return to the microwave for a little longer. Add more vegetable oil if needed.
- Carefully dip the cookies into melted chocolate and lightly tap the cookies on the edge of the bowl to get a nice even coating of chocolate.
- Place the dipped cookies on prepared baking sheet and allow to completely dry.
- Repeat in another batch with remaining cookies.
- Place all the leftover white chocolate (make sure it is still very melted) into a small plastic bag (or a frosting bag fitted with a #2 tip)
- Cut the very edge corner off of the bag and then pipe the melted white chocolate over the cookies to form the "bandages" of the mummy.
- Secure 2 sprinkle eyes on the wet chocolate.
More Halloween fun?