A creamy and thick protein shake flavored like apple pie with a hint of butterscotch.
How does apple pie for breakfast sound?! An apple pie in a shake form. A healthy, good-for-you shake.
This breakfast is lower in calories and fat content to help gear you up for the big day (Thanksgiving) where you will consume piece after piece of real apple pie. Or other desserts. Or just lots of food.
This shake can help you stay on track before…and even a bit of a detox after. But please, don’t get me wrong – there is still plenty of flavor.
A thick and creamy blend of apples with vanilla yogurt, and a hint of butterscotch. That hint of butterscotch? It comes from butterscotch sugar-free pudding. Have you guys tried sugar-free puddings? I love em. For flavorings that is. I put a bit of those puddings in lots of random things. But my favorite use for the puddings is in breakfast shakes. Just a little bit of pudding goes a long way. Flavor-wise AND texture-wise. It thickens the shake up to make it nice and creamy.
I also added some protein, but feel free to omit it if you want. I usually will have one of these shakes right after a work-out so I like the added protein. Even if you leave out the protein, there is still a good amount of protein coming from the yogurt. Especially if you opt for the Greek yogurt like the recipe calls for.
Blended up, this shake has the perfect taste of an apple pie. And to think, this really is a healthy shake. Hard to believe if you ask me!
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or sub milk of choice
- 1 apple peeled and cored
- 1 container (6 ounces) non-fat Chobani apple cinnamon yogurt or sub another yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon truvia or sub sweetener of choice
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free butterscotch pudding
- 3 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 very ripe frozen banana sliced into coins and freeze before using
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to taste preferences
- 1/2- 1 cup ice depending on desired thickness
- Optional garnish: Lite Cool Whip, honey graham cracker crumbs
Combine all of the ingredients and blend until incorporated.
If desired, top with cool whip and sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs
Feel free to change up the ingredients or amount of the ingredients to fit your personal preferences. This shake is very adaptable!
If you liked this shake, you will love: