Amazing, lemon pepper chicken made with fresh lemon juice for a nice citrus burst by Layers of Happiness.
Good Morning! I’m Emily from Layers of Happiness – food blog where I share easy, drool-worthy recipes with my mom. I’m so happy to be here with you this morning to share one amazing, quick and easy recipe: 5-Ingredient Lemon Pepper Chicken. This is such a simple and quick light dinner to make… and it has so much citrus flavor packed in!
We have been all about quick and easy dinners at our house lately. Especially now that the weather is warmer and we can finnaalllllyyy dust of the grill!
This chicken can be made on a skillet or on the grilled. What makes this chicken so simple is that there is only 5-ingredients (only 4 if you grill the chicken) and it’s so quick because there is no marinading time is required.
For the chicken, you need chicken (duh), olive oil, salt/pepper, and lemon juice. The chicken gets pounded to uniform thickness, seasoned with salt and pepper, grilled to tender juicy perfection, then get a bath in a lemon juice.
My tip for making the most tender, juicy chicken is to cover the chicken with either foil or a paper towel immediately after removing from the grill for 5-10 minutes. The chicken resting time allows all the juices/steam/flavor to make it way back into the chicken. Lucky for us, this chicken knocks out two jobs with one step: the chicken gets marinated in the lemon juice while it’s resting. Bam!
Simple as that folks! A super yummy, quick, easy, awesome dinner on the table in minutes! We love serving this over a greek salad, quinoa, or rice pilaf!
- 4 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice About 2 lemons
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness of about ½ inch.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season both sides with the salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. (If using a grill, omit this step, and add chicken to grill)
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Turn off the heat and pour the lemon juice over the chicken and cover with a paper towel or piece of foil for 5-10 minutes, and serve.
Hungry for more easy dinners? Try our…
We’d love to connect with you!