Me, the husband, and the little guy have a Halloween party to go to Wednesday night. I decided on costumes a couple days ago, started making them, and am currently procrastinating finishing them. I need to get a couple more materials and just haven’t gone to the store…
Speaking of procrastination… this recipe is perfect if you’ve put off making treats for a Halloween event. There are only 6 ingredients and minimal time required. And this dessert is dressed to impress!
I mean, how cute are these little guys?! If you make these for a party, people are sure to think you spent all day in the kitchen slaving over these mini ghosts. I promise not to tell that they only took 15 minutes and required minimal ingredients. It can be our secret 🙂
To make these quick and simple, I used a sugar cookie mix. The mix I used (Betty Crocker) only needed butter, eggs, and 1 tablespoon of flour added. The cookies took about two minutes to whip up. If you have more time or want to, you can definitely substitute a recipe for your favorite sugar cookies.
Once I had the sugar cookie dough finished, I rolled it out and cut out little circles (I used about a 1 inch circle cookie cutter). I popped the circles into a mini muffin tin and stuck the cookies in the oven for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F. As soon as the cookies came out, I used the back of a teaspoon measuring spoon to indent the center of each cookie to make the cookie go into a “mini cup” form.
The “ghost” is simply white frosting. I used a small Ziploc bag, filled it with frosting, and cut the tip off the bag. Its an easy, no-mess way to pipe frosting onto the cookie. And finally, the eyes? Just mini chocolate chips!
So there you have it – an easy, but adorable Halloween treat!
I hope you have a great Halloween!
- 1 (17.5 ounces) Sugar Cookie Mix I used Betty Crocker
- 1 large egg
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 container (12 ounces) whipped cream cheese or vanilla frosting
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare the sugar cookie mix according to the package directions. I used a Betty Crocker mix and combined 1 egg, 1 stick of butter, and 1 tbsp. flour.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. Roll out the sugar cookie mix and using a circle cookie cutter that is about 1 inch in diameter, cut out mini circles.
- Place the circles in the mini muffin tin and push into the shape of a small cup.
- Place the muffin tin into the oven and cook for about 5-7 minutes. When the cookies come out, push down the centers of each cookie with the backside of a teaspoon measuring spoon. Pull out the cookies and let them cool on a baking rack.
- Fill a small Ziploc bag with the frosting and cut off the tip.
- When the cookies are cooled, pipe the frosting inside the mini cookie and circle the frosting to make a ghost shape.
- Place two mini chocolate chips into the frosting to create eyes