Note 1: Make a parchment paper round liner for the bottom of the cake pans by following these steps:
Note 2: When making a layered cake, it is important to make sure you are dividing the batter equally between the cake pans so everything bakes evenly. The easiest way to confirm the layers are even is to weigh them! Eyeball pouring even amounts into each pan and then check the accuracy with a kitchen scale. Simply weigh each pan and then use a spoon to adjust the batter in each cake pan so that each pan contains perfectly even amounts.
- Tear off a sheet of parchment slightly larger than the cake pan.
- Fold the parchment in half and in half again to form a square shape.
- Fold the square into a triangle and then fold the triangle in half again.
- Hold the triangle against the bottom of the pan from the center outwards.
- Cut the parchment right where it meets the edge of the cake pan, along the curve of the cake pan.
- Unfold the parchment and press it into the bottom of the cake pan.