Ham and Cheese Quiche
Ham and Cheese Quiche is the tastiest and easiest recipe! To keep things as simple as possible, we're starting with a store-bought pie crust and loading it up with an easy mixture of cubed ham, cheese, and eggs. This quiche recipe is super simple to adapt to your personal preference; use your favorite cheeses, favorite meat, or play around with different seasonings.
Servings 8 servings
- 1 (9-inch) frozen ready-to-bake pie crust (MUST be deep dish)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper
- 1 and 1/2 cups diced/cubed cooked ham (leftover holiday ham or store-bought)
- 1 cup swiss cheese, freshly grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- Optional garnish: chopped chives, cooked and chopped bacon
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place unwrapped frozen pie crust on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
Add the butter to a nonstick pan and melt over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and cook 3-5 minutes or until soft and translucent. Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove, set aside, and allow to cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten. Then whisk in the half-and-half, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
Gently stir in the cubed ham and both cheeses. Stir in the cooked onion and garlic.
Pour filling into the pre-baked pie crust (still on the baking sheet) and bake on the lower oven rack for 35 to 42 minutes, or until set and very slightly jiggly in the center.
Serve warm with optional garnishes as desired.