Watergate Salad (Pistachio Fluff)
Creamy pistachio-flavored Watergate Salad filled with canned fruits, pistachio pudding mix, whipped cream, and crushed pistachios. This side dish salad or dessert salad is also referred to as "pistachio fluff," "green fluff," or "green goddess"
Servings 8 -10 servings, as a side
- 2 cans (8 ounces EACH) crushed pineapple, undrained (pineapple in juice, not syrup)
- 1 package (3.4 ounce) pistachio flavored instant pudding
- 1 can (14 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped (optional), separated
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, completely thawed
- Optional: shredded coconut (1/4 cup), 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail
Add the undrained pineapple and pudding mix in a large bowl. Stir until smooth. Add in the well drained mandarin oranges, mini marshmallows, and coarsely chopped pistachios. (IF desired, add in fruit cocktail here.) Gently fold together until combined.
Using a spatula, gently fold in the thawed frozen whipped topping until all the ingredients are well covered. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes to an hour. Serve chilled with a sprinkle of shredded coconut or additional crushed pistachios if desired.