This balsamic dressed corn, avocado, tomato, and cucumber salad is packed with flavor and so easy to make!
Servings 4 -6 as a side
- 2-1/3 cups (1 pint; 357g) ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-1/4 cups (290g) Persian cucumbers, coined (~5 small cucumbers)
- 2 large avocados, diced
- 1 large sweet corn on the cob, corn cut off the cob (~1 cup; 131g)
- 2 tablespoons (32g) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (14g) red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove)
- 1/4 cup (46g) extra virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
OPTIONAL GRILL CORN: If desired, grill the corn on the cob (we usually just add in the corn kernels raw!) How to grill corn on the cob: Begin by peeling back husks and removing the silk. Rub vegetable oil on all sides of the corn and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place on heated grill (400 degrees F) and rotate every 3-4 minutes or until charred, for a total of 12-15 minutes. This also works on a grill pan!
COMBINE SALAD: In a large salad bowl, combine the halved cherry tomatoes, coined Persian cucumbers, diced avocados, and the corn cut from the cob.
DRESSING: Add all the ingredients together in a mason jar. Add salt and pepper to taste; I add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (and then add more to the salad overall). Shake the dressing well right before pouring over the salad.
FINISHING: Drizzle as much dressing as you'd like over the salad (add to desired preference. you likely won't use all the dressing) Toss salad and taste for seasoning. I usually add another 1/4 up to 1/2 teaspoon salt as needed. Enjoy salad immediately! This salad doesn't sit well with the avocado and dressing so don't add either until right ready to eat! Leftover dressing stores nicely for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.