The tastiest and simplest Tuna Salad has a flavor-packed creamy dressing, olive-oil-packed tuna, and crisp veggies. With only 15-minutes of prep time, you'll be hooked on this recipe!
Servings 4 servings
- 3 cans (5 oz. EACH; 142g) tuna, drained and flaked with a fork Note 1
- 3 tablespoons (26g) finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons (16g) finely chopped red onion Note 2
- 2 tablespoons (40g) pickle relish (or finely chopped bread and butter pickles)
- 2 tablespoons (8g) finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup (70g) mayo (we love Hellman's/Best Foods) Use up to 1/2 cup for "creamier" tuna.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon (13g) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Serving Suggestion Ideas
- Croissants or bread, lettuce, bread & butter pickles
- Serve in a lettuce wrap alongside fresh veggies such as cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced bell peppers, snap peas, broccoli, etc.
- Serve with pita chips, crackers, or whole-grain bread
SALAD: Thoroughly drain the tuna and place in a large bowl. Add the finely chopped celery and red onion (drained, if you soaked in water), pickle relish, parsley, mayo, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt + pepper to taste. I add a heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
SERVE: Stir to combine and enjoy immediately as is or loaded in a sandwich with lettuce, in a lettuce wrap, or with chips/crackers/etc.
STORAGE: Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. Stir before serving and add a touch more mayo if needed.
Note 1: I recommend albacore packed in olive oil for this recipe
Note 2: If you’re sensitive to the flavor of raw red onion, soak the diced onions in salted ice water for 10 minutes. Drain thoroughly before using it in this salad.
Nutritional information does not include the croissant, bread or crackers.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 232mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 63IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg