The Best Vegetable Soup
The Best Vegetable Soup is loaded with tons of veggies, miniature pasta , and a secret ingredient that adds loads of flavor! This healthy soup can be made in one pot in about 30 minutes-- maybe less!
Servings 6 -8 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup EACH: diced yellow sweet onion, thinly sliced carrots, thinly sliced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH fine sea salt, freshly cracked pepper
- 8 cups hot water
- 8 teaspoons chicken boullion granules/powder Note 1
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces EACH) fire-roasted diced tomatoes (Muir Glen or San Marzano recommended)
- 1 and 1/2 cups uncooked mini farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 and 1/2 cups EACH: frozen corn, frozen peas
- 1 container fresh basil pesto Note 2
VEGGIES: Place oil in a large pot and heat to medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Saute over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the thyme, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper (add salt/pepper to taste; you may want to hold off adding salt until the end. I add 1/2 teaspoon of each, but it will vary greatly depending on the broth or bouillon you use.)
TOMATOES AND BROTH: Stir in water and chicken bouillon or low-sodium chicken broth and undrained diced tomatoes. Bring soup to a boil over high heat.
PASTA: Once boiling, stir in pasta, and cook, stirring occasionally, 6-7 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the drained and rinsed beans, corn, and peas just to warm through. Remove from heat, taste/adjust seasonings, and then ladle soup into bowls. Add a generous spoonful of fresh basil pesto to each bowl. Stir in the pesto and enjoy!
Note 1: Alternatively, use chicken broth two 32-ounce containers). This soup can be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
Note 2: Make your own or use a fresh-refrigerated (not shelf stable) basil pesto.
Serving: 8servings | Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 34.1g | Protein: 7.6g | Fat: 3.9g | Sodium: 32.8mg | Fiber: 5.9g | Sugar: 5.2g