Baked Alfredo Chicken
Using pantry staples, we're whipping together a simple breaded and Baked Alfredo Chicken. Serve this chicken with a side of roasted broccoli and some baked beans for the easiest weeknight dinner.
Servings 2 -4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 8 equal pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 container good quality alfredo sauce, divided
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (grated on a microplane), plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
Remove fat from the chicken and cut the chicken breasts into 8 even pieces (use a food scale if possible; each piece should weigh 2 ounces). Season the chicken breasts on all sides with salt and pepper.
Set out 2 bowls. Place 1/3 cup alfredo sauce in one, and panko, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper in the other.
Dredge each chicken piece in the Alfredo and then in the panko mixture. Place chicken pieces in the prepared pan.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
Remove and cover with 2/3 cup Alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese.
Return to the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through (oven thermometer reads 160 degrees F). Remove and serve on plates. Grate additional Parmesan cheese right over top.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 297kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 39.4g | Fat: 9.2g | Cholesterol: 99.7mg | Sodium: 635.9mg | Fiber: 0.9g | Sugar: 1.7g