These Muddy Buddies (also known as Puppy Chow) are the best easy treat! No baking required and few ingredients required!
Servings 10 cups
- 9 cups rice chex cereal
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk or semisweet chocolate chips (I like Guittard or Ghirardelli)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- mini M&Ms, mini chocolate chips
Into a large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, chocolate chips, and butter. Microwave in bursts of 15 seconds, stirring in between each burst for 15 seconds until the mixture is melted and smooth. Add in the vanilla and salt. Pour over the prepared cereal. Stir well until the cereal is evenly coated.
Pour half of the cereal mixture into a gallon sized ziplock bag and pour half of the powdered sugar over it. Seal and shake until the cereal is evenly coated. Repeat with the other half of the cereal and powdered sugar in the same or a different bag. Shake until all the cereal is well coated!
Remove into a large bowl and enjoy! If desired stir in a fun addition such as mini M&Ms or mini chocolate chips.
Store leftover muddy buddies in an airtight container at room temperature.