"Fruit Pizza" Cheesecake Tart
A fun twist on the ever famous fruit pizzas -- this one made with a thick layer of no-bake cheesecake
Servings 1 (11-inch) tart pan
Sugar Cookie Crust
- 1 package (16 ounces) prepared sugar cookie dough (package should make 24 cookies), cold
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange Jell-o mix, dry
- 1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- About 3-4 cups Fresh fruit of your choice (I used an assortment of strawberries, raspberries, kiwi, blackberries, blueberries, and mandarin oranges)
- 3 tablespoons jam of your choice (I used apricot and have also used orange marmalade)
- 1 tablespoon water
Preheat the oven according to package directions. Generously spray an 11-inch tart pan with nonstick spray and place the tart pan on a large sheet pan. Set aside.
Unwrap the cookie dough and press it all evenly and up the sides (3/4ths the way up) on the tart pan.
Bake in the oven for 18-22 minutes or until very lightly golden brown at the edges and center (be careful to not overbake). Remove and allow to cool completely.
Make sure the cream cheese is softened and the whipped topping is completely thawed.
Using hand mixers cream together the cream cheese, sour cream, orange juice, vanilla extract, almond extract, powdered sugar, and orange Jell-o mix. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Gently fold in the whipped topping. Chill, covered, in the fridge until the crust is completely cooled.
Fill the cooled crust with the filling mixture. (You don't have it use it all, but can. Use any leftover filling as a fruit dip for your leftover fruit!)
Arrange fruit however you would like across the top of this pie.
Combine the jam and water in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave the mixture for 10-15 seconds and stir well. (IF using a marmalade, press it through a fine sieve first)
Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over the top of the fruit.
Serve immediately or cool in the fridge (covered). Store in the fridge; best enjoyed the same day it is made.