A cheeseburger-inspired pasta dish prepared in a cast-iron skillet. This easy meal is prepared in under 30 minutes and a family-friendly meal.
This meal basically sums up my husband’s love for food.
His favorite meal is a cheeseburger and fries are his all-time favorite side.
Meat and potatoes – he’s an all-American guy, that’s for sure.
I think some of my favorite aspects of this meal – it is done in less than 30 minutes and is super simple with easy ingredients. Plus it genuinely tastes like a cheeseburger, but with pasta. I am totally all over pasta instead of buns!
There are even pickles, tomatoes, and onions tossed in this dish. Along with your typical burger toppings – mustard, ketchup, and mayo. All smothered in lots and lots of cheddar cheese!
The waffle fries on top add the whole component of “fries with a burger.” Which adds a nice crunch to the meal and a fun way to top it off. I bought waffle fries and baked them while the rest of the meal was coming together. You can definitely use a different kind of frozen fry or even make your own!
This meal has a few steps but can comes together quickly. The pasta can be boiled while the fries are cooking and the meat is browning. Everything finishes up around the same time and just gets tossed together in a large skillet. Super simple and absolutely delicious!
- 2 and 1/2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons mayo full fat
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1/4 cup bread and butter pickles or sub dill pickles, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 15-20 frozen waffle fries
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of water, boil the noodles all the way through. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, follow package directions to cook about 15-20 waffle fries (or desired amount to top the pasta with).
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef until all the way cooked through. Drain any excess fat and add in the chopped onion and minced garlic.
- Stir until fragrant and add in the ketchup, mayo, and mustard.
- Stir until completely combined. Add in the drained petite tomatoes, and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cooked pasta into the skillet and then top with the cheese.
- Stir the cheese around until it's melted.
- Top the skillet with the chopped pickles and then the waffle fries and serve immediately.
Want some other easy dinner meals?