Miniature chocolate-chip cookies with mini chocolate chips and a milk chocolate frosting center. A bite-sized and easy dessert.
Cookies are probably my favorite thing in the world to bake.
I mean in the four months that I’ve been blogging, I’d say the largest category of recipes have been somewhat cookie related. Be that breakfast cookies or a huge monster cookie pizookie. There have been cookie dough oreos, gooey funfetti cookies and s’mores cookies…
And obviously today’s post is, well, cookie-related. In fact, double cookies – in sandwich form.
And they have a milk-chocolate frosting. And oh my gosh. These are good. Plus they are easy. Which easy desserts are always such a great bonus!
These cookies can be done and ready in just a few steps. Making the cookie dough (or using pre-bought cookie dough) and rolling teeny-tiny balls of dough. I included a couple of pictures to help you get the size right, but basically you pick how big you want your cookie sandwiches to be.
Then, you top the dough with a few extra miniature chocolate chips to make the cookies all pretty and then they are ready to bake! Once they have cooled, they get frosted and sandwiched together. Easy to the max.
Growing up, my mom would always buy a big tub of cookie dough to go in the fridge. It was basically my favorite thing. I mean: instant egg-free cookie dough just a refrigerator door away = best idea ever. And despite my mom’s efforts to keep the cookie dough for making cookies, I think we all had our fair share of cookie dough spoonfuls.
At least, I hope I wasn’t the only one making the huge dents in the cookie dough container…
Anyways. My sister and I would make miniature cookies like it was our job. We would try to out-do the other with the smallest possible cookie.
They’d get so small that they didn’t even taste good anymore.
Anyways, story. Where was I going with it? Yeah…it was my sister’s birthday this past weekend. And as I was thinking about her, I had that random cookie dough memory.
And then started to make cookie dough. And mini cookie dough balls…
And got carried away with some frosting…
And BAM. Best miniature chocolate chip cookie sandwiches ever. Happy Birthday to my cute sister Heather!
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups white flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature milk chocolate chips + 1/4 cup to top cookies with
- 1 tub milk chocolate frosting OR make your own
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, cream the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Slowly combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Add in the miniature chocolate chips and stir.
- Roll out very small balls of dough (refer to picture for size) and place a couple more chocolate chips on top. (This is optional but makes them look better)
- Bake for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned at the edges.
- Keep a close eye on the cookies because one second they will be perfect and the next second they are burned!
- Let the cookies cool completely before frosting.
- Either make your own frosting or use frosting from a tub and generously spread the frosting on one cookie. Place another cookie on top in a sandwich fashion.
- Store in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
Loving the miniature desserts? Try these: