A simple shredded chicken flavored with taco seasonings and tossed in a shredded lettuce and pasta salad. A simple homemade Catalina dressing covers this delectable salad.
Chicken Taco Pasta Salad with Catalina Dressing
- 2 cups pasta of choice measured when uncooked
- 1 cups (~1 and 1/2) rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup taco sauce
- 3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Optional: 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup sweet bell peppers, 1/2 cup black olives 2-3 tablespoons green onions, dollup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar not packed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
Stir the shredded chicken with the taco seasoning and taco sauce. Start with 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning and increase depending on taste preferences.
Stir together the cooled pasta, chicken taco mixture, and shredded lettuce.
Add in halved cherry tomatoes, chopped sweet peppers and sliced olives if desired.
In a jar with a lid, combine all of the dressing ingredients. Shake until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings to desired preference. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine. You may not want all of the dressing in the salad, so add it a bit at a time.
Season with salt and pepper and garnish with green onions and a dollup of sour cream if desired.