The easiest and quickest way to get your cinnamon roll fix! These muffin-sized cinnamon roll pull-aparts can be ready to eat in 20 minutes or less! Well, we are on the road! Our entire home is packed up in the back of a moving truck as we make the trek out to visit family before heading to Australia. It was quite the crazy week getting everything packed up and ready to go, but it’s also been exciting getting ready for this new adventure.
Right now we are in Wyoming waiting for our truck to get some service work done. We woke up early this morning in hopes of finishing our journey but the truck wouldn’t start! Luckily we have help on its way. It’s been a bit of an eventful trip, but everyone has been safe so no complaints here! Side-note – the husband sure can handle himself in this crazy ginormous truck with car towing behind (something that absolutely would terrify me to drive!)
We only have about 5-6 more hours left til we can empty our truck into a storage unit (we won’t be bringing too much to Australia) so fingers crossed the rest of the trip is uneventful!
BUT it’s time to talk about these cinnamon roll pull-aparts. Remember that one time I said cinnamon rolls had been revolutionized because they took 30 minutes total and were baked in a skillet? I’m back to tell you they have once again been revolutionized!
This time they take 20 minutes and are baked in a muffin tin and these are UNBELIEVABLE! But before we get too far, these aren’t traditional totally doughy cinnamon rolls. They are closer to a miniature form of monkey bread, but they’ve got plenty of cinnamon + sugar and a delicious cream cheese frosting just like cinnamon rolls we all know and love. Plus they’ve got the dough, it’s just already made. That’s right, these start with store-bought biscuits. Not the Grands version, just regular-sized buttermilk biscuits.
These are the easiest breakfast for Christmas morning the whole family will go nuts over!
- 2 containers (7.5 ounces each) buttermilk biscuits not Grands biscuits
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin and set aside
- Unwrap the biscuits and cut each biscuit into four pieces. You can quickly do this with kitchen scissors or on a cutting board with a knife.
- Melt the butter in one bowl and in a large freezer bag (or another bowl) combine the white sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip the biscuits in the melted butter, shake off the excess, and then transfer to the cinnamon sugar filled bag.
- Shake the bag until the biscuits are well covered in the cinnamon and sugar.
- Press 4-5 biscuit pieces into each muffin cavity. Make sure they are well pressed together.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and then remove.
- Using a spoon gently coax the cinnamon roll pull aparts out of the muffin tin.
- While they are baking, beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar, and milk (if needed add more to desired consistency).
- Transfer the frosting into a plastic bag and cut off the tip. Pipe the frosting over the pull aparts.
- Enjoy while warm!
More cinnamon roll goodness!