A loaded potato and ham quiche that whips up quickly and is perfect for brunching!
Quiche is one of the EASIEST breakfast ideas and yet is perfect for an impressive breakfast to feed a crowd. Homemade crusts for quiches can sometimes be a bit time consuming but this one is not at all. An easy three ingredients and a little bit of stirring (NO kneading!) is all this crust takes.
Then it’s a quick game of throwing on ingredients, dousing in some eggs + half ‘n half and it’s ready to go into the oven. Super simple! This quiche is made specially with Easter morning in mind. There is chopped ham, hashbrowns, and lots of cheese. A great filling breakfast for Easter morning.
The great news is, it can also be made the night before! Everything gets put together and then wrapped very tightly (you don’t want the crust to dry out in the fridge). In the morning, pour the egg and half ‘n half mixture over the ingredients and it’s ready to be cooked.
The toppings we put on this quiche are green onions, sour cream, and some crumbled bacon. The bacon pairs perfectly with the ham and is a nice crunch for the top. The sour cream and green onions bring some delicious freshness and flavor to the quiche. All are optional, but definitely make the quiche just that much better!
I’m ready for Easter brunch already!
- 2 cups and 1/2 Original Bisquick mix
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cups and 1/2 chopped cooked ham
- 1 cups and 1/2 frozen diced hash brown potatoes thawed
- 1 cups and 1/2 shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- slices Optional: a few of bacon crisply cooked, crumbled, sour cream, green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9-1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the Bisquick mix in medium bowl. Using 2 knives or a pastry blender, cut the butter into the flour until well incorporated and the dough is crumbly. Add boiling water and then stir vigorously until a soft dough forms.
- Gently press the dough on bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Form a crust that is slightly thicker than the rest by pressing the dough into a crust with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the ham, potatoes, and cheese on top of the crust in that order.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and pepper until blended. Pour over ingredients in crust.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving to fully set up. Top with bacon, sour cream and green onions as desired.
More easy breakfast ideas: